+ Reply to Thread

Default Importance of Punch Tool Size and FUE in Jinemed Turkey?

Hi All,

First of all has anyone had FUE performed at Jinemed in Istanbul, Turkey? or know anyone who has.

Their website is www.hair-turkey.com and the before and after pics they've sent me are probably the best I've seen on any clinic's site.

The main page actually has a very brutal video (but I love honesty) of a Transplant taking place.. any comments on this?

I've asked them what size punch tool they use and they've responded that it's 0.6mm but I've also read an article which suggests that it's less efficient to use smaller than 1mm punchtools.

I'm very much a novice when it comes to this field and I need 2000-3000 grafts according to Jinemed and a consultation I've had at Transforming Lives in London.

Bearing in mind the whole "don't go in the Sun" element I'm very keen to get this done 18th October 2011 so the good old british Winter matches my recovery.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Aggy

Never heard of them, you should stick with well reknowned doctors in the field. For example in Europe you may find dr bisanga, dr feriduni, dr mwamba, all in belgium and dr devroye in belgium as well. In the US dr Cole, Dr bernstein, dr epstein, dr shapiro, dr wolf. Don't make the same mistake many of us did and choose the best doctor from the beginning. You don't want to become another repair case.

Thanks for your response SilverSurfer, I do actually believe you get what you pay for in this world but from what I can see through my novice eyes the photo's do look superb.

Would it be possible to email you the 5 Before and After Comparitive images so you can give your experienced point of view?

If these images are genuine (which is where the obvious risk lies) then I think it would be a worthwhile venture.

I guess I was probing this forum for any known horror stories from these guys and also to know if a 0.6mm punch tool is deemed too small to grab the larger 3 and 4 hair follicles like I'd read or whether it would be fine!?

Thanks in advance

Aggy

Even if the pictures looked ok I wouldn't want to play with things like this, I've been through it and I had to go through several repairs because of my mistake. In my journey I met with several of the doctors I mentioned to you before.
    A .6 mm punch is way too small for 3's and 4's, maybe even with 2's as well. remember you will need this groupings in order to maximize your graft potential and get more coverage. My repair was done by Dr Cole, I like the fact he uses far fewer grafts than other doctors, this is because he has a high yield when implanting them. If I had the chance to do it all over again I would get FUE done by Dr Cole or Dr Feriduni in Belgium, since you are in England maybe Feriduni is your best option, I have seen several consistent results from him all over the place, and he is very moderate with the number of grafts he uses as well. Don't think it twice, make an appointment with him.

I have met with the manager of their UK branch through gethair.co.uk, he explained really in detail about how it works from the beginning to the end. Well I couldn't make my mind yet but everything about them looks decent.
    The post is a year old though but I can suggest you to meet up with the guy here, it can be more convincing. They say they do hair transplant operations since 2000, I don't believe they could continue for so long if they were not good.

Cheers