+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Minoxidil 15%--Which brand to buy??

I've been using the regular 5% Rogaine Foam...I want to start using the 15%...I never get a straight answer regarding these questions, somebody please help!

1) Does Rogaine (the ones that make the regular 5% foam) make a 15% one??

2) The only 15% one I've ever seen in the stores is the Kirkland brand...do you guys use that one? Is that considered the best one?

3) Can somebody who uses a trusted 15% Minoxidil product PLEASE send me a link on where to buy it?

Thanks!!

Dr. Lee's is the most widely used. Here is the site: http://www.minoxidilsolutions.com

Having said that, there are other ones out there but Dr. Lee's also contains topical finasteride. Good luck!

Thanks Thunder!! Thunder another question if you dont mind, what the heck is topical finasteride?? Is that basically topical propecia, like rubbing propecia onto your scalp?? Do you know if it has the same side effects as taking regular propecia? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbass View Post
    Dr. Lee's is the most widely used. Here is the site: http://www.minoxidilsolutions.com

Having said that, there are other ones out there but Dr. Lee's also contains topical finasteride. Good luck!

That's an excellent question. I wouldn't go for topical finestiride if I thought it had the same side effects as the pills... if not, I'd be all over it right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That's an excellent question. I wouldn't go for topical finestiride if I thought it had the same side effects as the pills... if not, I'd be all over it right away!
    Hey Ronin, i have never taken propecia and never will, way too many negative things have been written about it...it drives me nuts, that theres actually something out there that works, but has to affect "down there."

Do you take 15% rogaine?? I really want too, just not sure where and which to purchase it

Actually I am kind of new to the whole hair loss issue, although I've been experiencing some very aggressive hair loss for months - I've been shedding over 150-200 hairs a day for the last 7-8 months. It's incredible how much my hair has changed in only a year!!

Well, I've only decided to take proactive steps like a few months ago and started off with Nizoral... nothing happened tbh, but I keep going with it probably because there's no hassle with it.

Could I use this opportunity for advice actually? Do you think it's worth going for Rogaine (minoxidil)? Does it really help? I'm really scared of the initial shed. I think the way things are going I've got almost a year before I have to shave my head completely. I'm afraid that if I go with minoxidil, I will shed so badly that I'll have to shave my head almost within weeks!

What would you say? Please help? lol

Bro my top thinned out out of no where, in a real short amount of time. The biggest mistake I made was not using rogaine earlier. If you're not using it already, use it! I don't remember any shedding when I used it. Remember, rogaine can only be a positive, no negatives. It kills me that i propecia has all those side effects, or I'd use it right away. I've seen it do miracles on my friends, but anything that messes with 'down there' i will never ever use.

The only reason I'm not fully depressed about my hair is because of Toppik, that thing is amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Actually I am kind of new to the whole hair loss issue, although I've been experiencing some very aggressive hair loss for months - I've been shedding over 150-200 hairs a day for the last 7-8 months. It's incredible how much my hair has changed in only a year!!

Well, I've only decided to take proactive steps like a few months ago and started off with Nizoral... nothing happened tbh, but I keep going with it probably because there's no hassle with it.

Could I use this opportunity for advice actually? Do you think it's worth going for Rogaine (minoxidil)? Does it really help? I'm really scared of the initial shed. I think the way things are going I've got almost a year before I have to shave my head completely. I'm afraid that if I go with minoxidil, I will shed so badly that I'll have to shave my head almost within weeks!

What would you say? Please help? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dan2to View Post
    Bro my top thinned out out of no where, in a real short amount of time. The biggest mistake I made was not using rogaine earlier. If you're not using it already, use it! I don't remember any shedding when I used it. Remember, rogaine can only be a positive, no negatives. It kills me that i propecia has all those side effects, or I'd use it right away. I've seen it do miracles on my friends, but anything that messes with 'down there' i will never ever use.

The only reason I'm not fully depressed about my hair is because of Toppik, that thing is amazing!!
    Thanks man! I'll definitely consider it much more seriously now and will probly order my first batch shortly! I'm totally with you on the propecia point - I've seen some amazing results myself but I really don't want to take any risks with my manhood!

Back to the original point: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF TOPICAL FINESTIRIDE HAS THE SAME SIDE EFFECTS ON SEX DRIVE / ERECTILE FUNCTION AS THE PILL?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm going to do some serious googling on that same question - will post back if I find something!

Inactive

The people who use Rogaine do not understand what it does. Rogaine’s active ingredient is Minoxodil. Rogaine (Minoxodil) is referring to the chemical production of Nitric Oxide. Nitric oxide is responsible for dilating of the blood vessels to decrease pressure and allow blood to flow easily. Nitric Oxide is produced naturally through your respiratory system in conjunction with your circulatory system. To increase Nitric Oxide you can simply exercise more which increases Nitric Oxide production. The problem with the tops of your heads is even the most vigorous exercise will only barely increase the rate at which blood flows to the tiny capillaries at the ends of the small arterioles. The reason I point this out is because there is a reason that the mild affects of Minoxodil only work temporarily and mildly at that. The reason Minoxodil can not permanently work does not involve Minoxodil’s lack of effectiveness but rather it’s fighting a losing battle. The decrease in blood flow is due to a tight scalp. This pressure of a tight scalp on the tiny capillaries is far greater then the relieving affects of Minoxodil and with out attacking this problem Rogaine will surely fail. I am currently developing a diagram that will help with this involving increasing the laxity of the scalp however if you want more information look under the forum thread “Male Pattern Baldness”.

Hi, I used to use PerfectImage 15%, but they suddenly disappeared,
    Can anyone tell if Corvinex 5% for Men is a good product?

Has anyone used it?
    and will I have to use it 3 times more daily to achieve the saturation of 15%?