+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fue ?

Default Fue ?

So, the extra special curse that god has "blessed" me with is still wreaking havoc on my hair. I'm still losing more of my transplanted hairs -after 4 HTs- and now the right temple area is really making me sick because of how thin it's gotten over the past few months. I'm sick and ****ing tired of getting more and more HTs only to end up thin again after some time but at the same time I just can't stand this ****ing god damn curse. I can't look in the mirror and see my right temple like that. I'm now thinking about getting yet another HT, maybe just 300 grafts to fill in the area. But I'm tired of doing the strip thing (FUT) and was thinking about FUE instead. The only thing is the doctor says the hairs have a lower survival rate than they do in FUT, which is scaring me. Is it true hairs extracted through the FUE method have lower survival rates?

God damn this ****ing curse. It would be better if i just die.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    So, the extra special curse that god has "blessed" me with is still wreaking havoc on my hair. I'm still losing more of my transplanted hairs -after 4 HTs- and now the right temple area is really making me sick because of how thin it's gotten over the past few months. I'm sick and ****ing tired of getting more and more HTs only to end up thin again after some time but at the same time I just can't stand this ****ing god damn curse. I can't look in the mirror and see my right temple like that. I'm now thinking about getting yet another HT, maybe just 300 grafts to fill in the area. But I'm tired of doing the strip thing (FUT) and was thinking about FUE instead. The only thing is the doctor says the hairs have a lower survival rate than they do in FUT, which is scaring me. Is it true hairs extracted through the FUE method have lower survival rates?

God damn this ****ing curse. It would be better if i just die.
    From what I know, FUE tends to make it harder to see the scar when hair is cut short, but at the same time they are harsher on the grafts which makes it possible for final growth to be lower..but since you need only 300 grafts I would go with the FUE man.

Man I know how you feel about this..just today I noticed my left temple is going further back..and my right corner of hairline is starting to thin..not to mention the thinning around the left side of my crown which extends horizontally to my right side..almost like a barber forgot to use a clipper and accidentally shaved that part down! I have never seen such a silly pattern in my lifetime.

**** this damn curse man..it is slow painful death. I feel so bad seeing everyone all happy and focusing on other things in life..relationships..careers..social life..and here we are getting owned by hairloss that is killing our self confidence and depressing us. I have missed out so much since discovering my hairloss..I had so many opportunities with women but I was such a depressed **** in my own miserable world that I let it slip away..possibly going bald in the near future certainly wont help me. Its only a matter of time now..day by day the feeling gets worse and worse.

Are you still losing hair while on propecia?

Thanks for the reply. I know, man. The pain, the sadness, the hopelessness, the depression, the ANGER, feeling so worthless and so incomplete, the words that are constantly running through your mind "why me", the loss of desire to be around others.... all these feelings and a ton more. This is torture. NO, this is beyond torture. There isn't a word to describe how some of us feel. This is death by torture.

Yeah, my battle with this curse -for the past 12 years- has left me in ruins. It has completely ruined my life and any chance of ever achieving anything. I'm a hostage of this curse. A prisoner in a prison with invisible walls that no one can see or feel but me. I don't have a life or anything close to it. I'm not alive, just not dead. My case might be an extreme, but it's real and I know there are a lot of men and women who feel the same way and suffer silently.

I really don't see this ****ing thing (baldness) other than a CURSE. Plain and simple.

I just feel furious. Do I go and get another HT, again ???? This is my 5th. How much more cutting do I have to go through ??? Then chances are I'll end up losing more of the transplanted hair. Why is this happening to me ? ??? I ****ing hate life. This isNT fair. Life is so cruel.

Iam on proscar (have been since it came out) . I've been slacking off with the minox though because I'm tired of the residue it leaves. Just ordered Rogaine foam and will see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I know, man. The pain, the sadness, the hopelessness, the depression, the ANGER, feeling so worthless and so incomplete, the words that are constantly running through your mind "why me", the loss of desire to be around others.... all these feelings and a ton more. This is torture. NO, this is beyond torture. There isn't a word to describe how some of us feel. This is death by torture.

Yeah, my battle with this curse -for the past 12 years- has left me in ruins. It has completely ruined my life and any chance of ever achieving anything. I'm a hostage of this curse. A prisoner in a prison with invisible walls that no one can see or feel but me. I don't have a life or anything close to it. I'm not alive, just not dead. My case might be an extreme, but it's real and I know there are a lot of men and women who feel the same way and suffer silently.
    These words cannot be said any better and actually brought a tear in my eye. My friend, this is exactly how I feel, I dont personally know you or know everything you have been through. But it is all the same, for a man, life is over when hair loss progresses. I am one of those individuals who DO NOT look good without hair..if I had a small shaped head and features to go with the bald look..I would not care to be honest.

All we can do is pray for a cure man..a cure needs to happen soon. I dont know your age level, or your NW scale, but what I do know is that hairloss is hairloss. Waking up everyday, feeling the same, no emotion, no apetite, want to be socially distant from everyone, when visiting mom or dad you feel the anger even though there was nothing they could have done besides not having you..the list goes on and on. Im still fairly young, with lots of life not witnessed, and perhaps my life is ruined from here on.

Think about it..in those past 12 years you have been dealing with this emotional wreck, do you ever think that had you not lost your hair..life would be different? you would have done things differently? told that special person you love them or you cared? went out to an invitation and had the time of your life? Focused on a better career? Approached new hobbies? Bought that special car you always wanted?

This is what kills me everyday, having to look back years from now knowing what I missed all because of this god damned curse. All I will say, is lets pray for a cure, a treatment is in the very near future, so we can live however life we have left in peace. Stay in touch my friend, I will def keep you in my prayers through this emotional wreck.

These comments really hit home with me and so true unfortunately. Scar85, I too cannot stand it when I see all of these young and happy people totally living happy lives and having fun, while I am stuck in this hair loss hell. These people don't even realize how fortunate they are for not having to go through the pains of hair loss. Hair loss totally kills my confidence too and this is coming from a 250 pound weight-lifter. Life would be totally different for me if I wasn't experiencing hair loss. In the past, I met a couple of girlfriends through myspace and facebook but I haven't been on those sites ever since I started losing my hair. I don't want to post a picture on there that shows a thinning/balding head of hair. I'm a huge rock n roll and metal fan and I used to love to play my bass guitar except now I have no desire to be part of big-haired 80s rock cover band when I am so rapidly losing my hair myself. When I first started playing, I used to have these Kiss and Guns N Roses songbook with photos of the band on the cover. I used to dream of looking like those guys when I was a kid, and I was so ecstatic when I finally did, before this hair loss disease kicked in about a year and a half ago. I've never been on stage since my hair loss, although last night I got so ****ed up that I got up with my friend's band to bust out a Motley Crue classic. But I was just so wasted that I had no inhibitions whatsoever. Often, that's what I do when I go out; I need to get ridiculously drunk/high just so I can somewhat forget about this hair loss and have a good time.
    I used to be the most outgoing guy in the world before this hair loss. It's like hair loss killed the person that I once was. I often tell people that I am not the same person anymore. What really kills me is that I see people who are half the man that I am, but they are living much fuller lives because they are not affected by such an image-altering disease as hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    These comments really hit home with me and so true unfortunately. Scar85, I too cannot stand it when I see all of these young and happy people totally living happy lives and having fun, while I am stuck in this hair loss hell. These people don't even realize how fortunate they are for not having to go through the pains of hair loss. Hair loss totally kills my confidence too and this is coming from a 250 pound weight-lifter. Life would be totally different for me if I wasn't experiencing hair loss. In the past, I met a couple of girlfriends through myspace and facebook but I haven't been on those sites ever since I started losing my hair. I don't want to post a picture on there that shows a thinning/balding head of hair. I'm a huge rock n roll and metal fan and I used to love to play my bass guitar except now I have no desire to be part of big-haired 80s rock cover band when I am so rapidly losing my hair myself. When I first started playing, I used to have these Kiss and Guns N Roses songbook with photos of the band on the cover. I used to dream of looking like those guys when I was a kid, and I was so ecstatic when I finally did, before this hair loss disease kicked in about a year and a half ago. I've never been on stage since my hair loss, although last night I got so ****ed up that I got up with my friend's band to bust out a Motley Crue classic. But I was just so wasted that I had no inhibitions whatsoever. Often, that's what I do when I go out; I need to get ridiculously drunk/high just so I can somewhat forget about this hair loss and have a good time.
    I used to be the most outgoing guy in the world before this hair loss. It's like hair loss killed the person that I once was. I often tell people that I am not the same person anymore. What really kills me is that I see people who are half the man that I am, but they are living much fuller lives because they are not affected by such an image-altering disease as hair loss.
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately drinking or getting high is temporary in forgetting about your misery. Your body and emotions get used to it. I too did the same thing, went out and had several drinks, it was the only thing I could do to get my mind away from this curse and have a good time..but the next morning i felt a billion times worse..unfortunately in a matter of time alcohol started to actually make me feel more depressed. I havnt been drinking in over 2 weeks (im not a heavy drinker anyway). Ive thought about going to the doctor to get prescribed pills for anxiety/depression/etc..but even pills cause hair loss. Were just doomed to be honest..its either acceptance or slow death. So far I have not been able to accept it. I dont know how bad you guys situation is on the norwood scale, and some might call me crazy for being this depressed being a NW1 as I am..but believe me when I say this..even at the age of 26..day by day I am noticing my hairline or my crown get thinner and thinner. Yes I have enough hair to keep me going for awhile, the problem is its going so fast! At the rate, which I might change NW scales a couple times within the coming months. Only then will i know how truly some of you feel at the moment, but as bad and depressed as I am now..I dont even want to think how much worse it can get for me..I would not be able to handle it.

Its so unreal, just last year I was living the life..enjoying every moment I could..with hairloss the least of my worries..and then it happened..and happened so fast. I could sit here and post pictures all day of last year and today, but everytime I look at those photos..I CANNOT believe this happened to me so ****ing god damn fast.

In the end, hairloss is HAIRLOSS, nothing different..I dont care if someone is a NW0 or a NW7, its all the same for us. The experience is so freightning, devastating, saddening, that life completely transforms. Your nights are long, lonely, cold, while the rest of the world is out dancing having the time of there life. Your days are short, because your brain is clouded and fogged in depression, flashbacks, memories of good hair days, the desire to turn back time just so you can relive those glory days, etc. Like VictimofDHT said best, Im not alive, just not dead.

The truth is, we never had our hair..it was just temporary. We were destined to be bald. God damn this curse. Try to keep your head up guys (easier said than done), maybe in another lifetime we will "live" again.

Quote Originally Posted by scar85 View Post
    These words cannot be said any better and actually brought a tear in my eye. My friend, this is exactly how I feel, I dont personally know you or know everything you have been through. But it is all the same, for a man, life is over when hair loss progresses. I am one of those individuals who DO NOT look good without hair..if I had a small shaped head and features to go with the bald look..I would not care to be honest.

All we can do is pray for a cure man..a cure needs to happen soon. I dont know your age level, or your NW scale, but what I do know is that hairloss is hairloss. Waking up everyday, feeling the same, no emotion, no apetite, want to be socially distant from everyone, when visiting mom or dad you feel the anger even though there was nothing they could have done besides not having you..the list goes on and on. Im still fairly young, with lots of life not witnessed, and perhaps my life is ruined from here on.

Think about it..in those past 12 years you have been dealing with this emotional wreck, do you ever think that had you not lost your hair..life would be different? you would have done things differently? told that special person you love them or you cared? went out to an invitation and had the time of your life? Focused on a better career? Approached new hobbies? Bought that special car you always wanted?

This is what kills me everyday, having to look back years from now knowing what I missed all because of this god damned curse. All I will say, is lets pray for a cure, a treatment is in the very near future, so we can live however life we have left in peace. Stay in touch my friend, I will def keep you in my prayers through this emotional wreck.
    Thanks, scar85. Yes, you don't know me and I don't know you, but we unfortunately -and many others- happen to share the same feelings. We seem to be among those whose lives have been profoundly impacted and altered by the curse of hair loss. Most men who suffer from hair loss get worried and depressed but many of them seem to learn how to accept it, or maybe I should say are BLESSED with the ability to accept it because IMO there are things that you can NEVER learn to accept no matter how you try. Most people don't understand that, and they think we're making such a big deal of it and would tell us "just accept it or learn to live with it...." and the rest of the usual BS. For me, telling me to accept my hair loss and to just learn how to live with is exactly like telling someone who's allergic to peanuts (for example) or whatever things/foods his body cant tolerate to just eat peanuts and just learn how to not be allergic to it, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE OF COURSE. But **** what people think. All I know is that I CAN NEVER ACCEPT THIS CURSE, not now, not in a million years. If I could, I would not have gone under the knife 4 1/2 times (over the past 12 years) and spent more than $20,000 of money I really can NOT afford to lose.

My life is over now. Never got to live a day in my 20's, even though I had a full head of hair back then BUT, the fear of losing my hair had such a crippling effect on me that I was literally a hostage. I even started wearing a hat 24/7 years before I actually started losing my hair. That's how terrified I was. It had really ****ed up my mind that I could do nothing but think about my hair 24/7/365. I was completely consumed by it that I was living in a separate world. Never got to enjoy life and all the things that most people take for granted.

And now, things are a million times worse. Not only don't I have anything, but my biggest fear is a reality and no longer an irrational fear. I'm losing more and more hair. And what's going to make my head blow up is that I'm losing my transplanted hair -as I mentioned- and it's happening so quickly. WTF ? God must really hate me. 12 years my life was on hold hoping that this HT is going to be the last and then I'd be free at least for a while. But no. I can't even begin to describe the sadness and anger I feel when I remember how only a few months back I had a thick hairline that used to bounce when I hit the floor, and in a couple of months half of it is gone, just like that. Not only that, but now I have to live with the fear of losing it all, all my transplanted hair, which the doctor says is likely. I'm literally trembling most of the time now because of this. This has ****ed me up beyond description.

Yeah, I'm not shy about putting the blame on my parents, 100% of it. They're the reason behind this. People don't think about it this way but there's no beating around the bush. Our parents are responsible for our genetic makeup. No one else is. The only things I have inherited from my parents are bad genes -I'm not only talking hair loss- and a shitty life.

Even if a cure were to be available soon -very very unlikely- that would NEVER bring back all the lost years, opportunities and dreams. It's over for me, but I'd still want my hair back even if I end up homeless on the street.

I wanted to say Im now where you were 11 years ago. I too my friend, wore hats 24/7 for the past 2 years straight..because I was afraid (even though it was last of my worries)..afraid that I might be losing hair soon one day. I had a thick full head of hair, and the reality is..maybe I was losing hair..but just never paid as much attention as I do now. However, my hair used to grow back..because I had a full head of hair just last year with no thinning..as a matter of fact..me and a HT doctor once joked around (last year can you believe it? that maybe i could use my crown as a donor area since I have so much of it..probably the most he has ever seen. he explained to me that naturally, the hair even for people without MPB tends to be the thinnest at the hairline, and the crown..as less follicles are naturally there since day 1.

I must say that it is very unfortunate that you are losing transplanted hairs! I thought these hairs were MPB resistant..and even if they did fall out..they should be growing back! But oh, what we dont think about and is not mentioned much around here..is how many times a hair grows is genetically programmed. meaning, your last "thick" hair to fall could have been your last to ever grow back..and I guess this is where mine and your situation comes in to play! Propecia and Proscar or whatever will not control this, it can only prevent hair from falling out, but it cant fix our ****ing genes into producing a hair 1 more time. I got ****ed up genes too..my thick hairs are not growing back..maybe they were programmed to grow only 5 times throughout my entire life and i was just fortunate to keep my hair for 26 years because it didnt fall out. Who the **** knows..

I dont even want to consider a HT, I beg for mercy that there is a cure for this curse in the near future. I know my friend, all those years that went by will never come back..but atleast you can live howmuch ever life you have left in peace. I too dont have great memories in my 20's, i never felt alive these years..its almost like my glory days ended when i turned 20. I remember my senior year back in high school, the confidence, the girls, the partying, and just adventurous life..that faded to soon.

And then the hairloss..what it does to you on a mental and emotional standpoint. Just tonight, i was at my friends house and he is 28 with a full head of hair, no hairloss in the family..looking at him just made me feel so bad about myself. He is happy, living the dream, has his own place, getting ready to move across the country for a new job..and he is excited about the women there..and here I was at his house..a miserable worthless **** that all that I could think about is how tommorow Ill be bald.

I too blame my parents, however i cannot take my anger out on them. Even though Im usually upset around them because they remind me of why im so miserable..there is still nothing they could have done. My mom even tells me all the time, son dont worry you wont go bald..and she sees the pain in my eyes..she would never wish this upon me. My father on the other hand just doesnt give a shit..he tells me that hair and beauty is for women, a man doesnt need hair, he just needs good health, a job, and support the family. Easy for him to say, but I know deep down inside he was probably also miserable about hair loss. My dad had the thickest head of hair I have ever seen from the pictures, and it wasnt untill his mid to late 30's when he started losing it slowly. He never had any crown loss till now, which is a little thin. So someone explain to me, Im half his age and why does my own god damn father have more hair around the crown than me? WTF did I do to deserve this.

Honestly I will say this, if I could choose life or death right now..id prefer to just die..so I could be put out of my misery (no im not thinking about suicide). Like I said before, if I didnt look bad with a shaved head it wouldnt affect me as much..but I could never accept this curse.

I will say this..since we stress so much (which I dont blame us), we are probably accelerating our hair loss. Its just so unfair, you stress you lose hair, you take pills for depression you lose hair, you drink alot you lose hair and on and on. There is no where to hide. **** this god damn curse. Perhaps you are losing your transplanted hairs due to Telegon efflivium..which is what started my hairloss in the first place. It is caused by severe chronic stress, depression or anxiety, much like what I deal with everyday. Or perhaps these are just excuses to give us hope.

My life ended the day i noticed my hairloss, stamped signed and sealed, and a nail in the coffin. Anything now is just walking in hell.

+1 to every word of this thread

Can anyone explain their experience with Fin? Has it helped at all?