+ Reply to Thread

Default Telegen Affluviate HELP!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I was given Depakote for migraines, and within a month and especially at 2 months, my hair was falling out at an alarming rate! I've been off it now for about 3 weeks or so, but it's still falling out! HELP! Does anyone know what I can do to stop anymore from falling out? I've been told that I can start minoxidil and it could maybe help to slow the loss and start the regrowth part, but I've also read that when you start that stuff, more hair loss will occur at first! If so, how much loss and for how long? I don't have enough left on my head to lose much more. I'm looking at about a month, no more, before Im completely bald!

Quote Originally Posted by Franticfaery View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was given Depakote for migraines, and within a month and especially at 2 months, my hair was falling out at an alarming rate! I've been off it now for about 3 weeks or so, but it's still falling out! HELP! Does anyone know what I can do to stop anymore from falling out? I've been told that I can start minoxidil and it could maybe help to slow the loss and start the regrowth part, but I've also read that when you start that stuff, more hair loss will occur at first! If so, how much loss and for how long? I don't have enough left on my head to lose much more. I'm looking at about a month, no more, before Im completely bald!
    Just to give you an idea, i got TE through taking hydrocodene and Vicodin. I was on it for a good 4 months or so..and even when I stopped..the hairloss continued to now just over 9 months. Its a trigger, if you have MPB in the family like I do, best of luck dealing with that..its a trigger for MPB related hairloss. The only thing you can do is eat well, stay off any more pills, excerisize, stop stressing, and maybe, just maybe the hairloss will slow down. From what I know, I had several phases of TE that reoccured after the trigger was out of my system, stress caused it to come back and a period of fungal infection..and I lost the crown of my head as well as some damage to the hairline. Id say Ive lost roughly 50% or more of my hair since it first started, and have yet to see regrowth.

If you think your situation is scary, try looking at what happened to me. While i was at my derm, i told him to just look at my scalp for a good few minutes, hair after hair was "popping" out of my scalp and resting on my hair..even he couldnt believe how severe this was. Imagine losing thousands of hairs daily, and losing hairs all day, all night. Now thats what I call going bald overnight. Just stop stressing and you should be fine.

Hello scar85,
    So good to see some sort of reply from someone, I am SO sorry about your condiition, wow, but I do think I can understand better now than in the past before this happened. I have no idea what MPB is........I don't think I have 9 months of falling out left! However, I have done EXTENSIVE research on my own and maybe (hopefully?) have hit on a few things.....? We've all heard the old addage about appleCiderVinegar and beer helping hair but not everyone knows why. I've even heard that they help stop hair loss, so anyway I made up this horrific concoction and 2 mornings in a row, I've had little to none fall out after putting it on the evening before! I've upped the vites/minerals/aminos internally as well especially 15 miligrams of Biotin, also taking horsetail, garlic cloves (which contain natural sulfur) but also adding 2 scoops of MSM! Selenium & zinc, magnesium,lysine also help to stop hair loss and I even put those in the concoction too in the blender with a bunch of other nasty stuff like........cayenne,castor oil, emu oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, flax seed oil (take internally also); black tea; sage; nettle; chamomile; saw palmetto; gingko biloba; lavendar oil; lemongrass(drink it too); burdock root-take that internally too); and sometimes carrot juice!! ha ha ha!! Isn't that a gas!? Well, I have to do this more days to see, but so far I've had 95% less falling out! But don't know if it will last. I'm also getting some Bringaraj herb because it's been shown to halt hair loss and help immensely with growth. You should also get some Biosil while you're at it, I am because I need it anyway. In the concoction, I bring a small amount of H20 to almost a boil with the herbs, let them sit for over an hour, then put in the blender w/all and WHIZ! Then strain, and use. I do NOT rinse this out right away or after only an hour. It actually doesn't smell as bad as I expected, probably because the vinegar cancels out a lot of the other odors and the rosemary and eucalyptus and mint are wonderful, also the lavender. There's also a place HairLossControlClinic in England ( I think) hlcconline.com, that has a system (not cheap) that has halted some peoples' loss in a week! I looked at their products and the only one I would probably try would be
    a conditioner for about $20.00 or so, their tonic stuff is almost $95.00 bottle!! haha what a joke. But for people who don't mind spending the moolah, they will do an online consultation about your problem and recommend a system for you personally. I'm going to continue with everything I'm doing for now, and see what happens. I'm actually afraid to try the minoxidil because of the more expected hairloss and then after I quit using it, it all falls right back out again supposedly......? Yikes, that would SOO be my luck. My entire life has basically been "Murphys Law"! If it CAN happen, it WILL happen!!
    Anyway, if your hair is literally popping out, that is really wierd and very serious, maybe some of these things can help you? But most people don't want to bother with it all cuz it is a little bit of a hassle. Maybe that place in the UK can help you if you've got
    several hundred bucks to throw, anyway try something new with a really good high dosage vite/mineral/aminoAcid and brewers yeast even though it tastes like dirt, add the MSM and plug your nose and down it! I will post back here in about a week or two with my results and furthering condition. I think this is such a stinking drag and all because of man's nasty horrid chemicals! Geeeez, I don't even want to take an aspirin anymore after what I've seen.