+ Reply to Thread

Default Please awnser my questions!!

I'm 22 years old and my hairline has been receding for a few years. I have no hair loss in the crown area but i do have thin hair(always had).
    My hairline has receded pretty bad but i can hide it..don't know for how much longer tho.

I was just wondering about MPB, isn't it supossed to be genetics from the mothers side? My mothers father still has a lot of hair....so how come i'm receding?

My dad on the other hand is pretty much bald.
    My brother who is 20 has no receding hairline whatsoever and no hair loss. Wth??
    someone explain this please?

So the options i have now are taking Minoxidil and/or Propecia.
    Minoxidil to me would be pretty useless because i have long hair and i read that the regrown hairs will be reallyy short and thin, and will be lost after stopping minox.

Propecia i'm not sure if i it's worth the risk. I hear stories about permanent sexual damage and not being able to get a erection?

So i have been looking for natural remedies to help block some DHT...
    Right now i have Saw Palmetto(Serenoa repens) 450mg capsules. (it says take twice a day)

And i have Prosta Totaal (wich is herbal) and contains:

100mg Saw Palmetto
    30mg Pygeum
    20mg Beta sitosterol
    and alot of vitamins.
    ^^thats what one pill contains. It says take one pill a day.

So wich of these would be more effective to take? the just Saw palmetto or the combination of Saw palmetto, Pygeum & Beta sitosterol?

I'm also wondering what else i can do to slow down the receding other then taking these herbal products (wich might not even work)?
    Is Propecia the only real option?

And is there anything that can make my hair thicker? my hair is so thin.
    I heard Nizoral shampoo?

For the last weeks my scalp has been itchy all over aswell. ahh

Thanks so much to anyone who read all of this!!

Anyone?? .

Rogaine makes hair thicker and can also grow long hair, so your wrong. Palmetto in my opinion is pretty much garbage and propecia side effects aren't very common. So propecia is your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeReggae View Post
    Anyone?? .
    I can't comment on Saw Palmetto's efficacy as I also started taking it two weeks ago. But I've been using 5% generic Rogaine and generic Nizshampoo for 4 months and I've had a lot of regrowth. You've got to understand that none of these treatments affect your hair per se. It's your scalp that it needs to get to.

Use a dripper with rogaine - part your hair, drip it on your scalp and then repeat for the rest of your head where you're experiencing thinning. How else do you think women - who generally have longer hair than men - apply Rogaine?

Irrespective of what you do - rogaine or fin - you're most likely going to experience a shed when the treatment starts working. Having long hair means you're more than likely going to be harder hit and panic your ass off. I lost my whole crown in 4 weeks. Grown back thicker than ever though.

So good luck with whatever you do. My recommendation would be to stick the natural stuff and add rogaine and nizshampoo to the mix for at least 6 months before you start swallowing stuff that messes around with your hormones.

Unfortunately, when it comes to MPB, you can get it from either side. My mothers side is cursed with MPB, while my father is about a NW3.5 now in his 50's so he had hair much into his late 40's.

Everyone on my mother side including cousins started to go bald at the age of 16..and by the time they hit there 20's, they were pretty close to a NW3.

Im pretty sure I got my dad's genetics when it comes to MPB, because I kept a NW1 head of hair till I hit 26.

It really sucks man, I wish hairloss could skip a generation.

I would jump on Propecia, and see what it can do for you. Go to your derm and they should give you a sample packet to try, if you have any side effects you can always get off of it. Ive been on it for 7 months, and the only side effect I have had is Im more horny than usual.

And cross your fingers, only god can help us..no one else can.

Quote Originally Posted by melwou7245 View Post
    I lost my whole crown in 4 weeks. Grown back thicker than ever though.
    I have a question for you because I experienced the same thing..I pretty much lost my crown in the same timeframe as you due to massive shedding. How long did it take for your crown to grow back? Mine is still thin after a few months, and Im wondering if that hair will ever grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by scar85 View Post
    I have a question for you because I experienced the same thing..I pretty much lost my crown in the same timeframe as you due to massive shedding. How long did it take for your crown to grow back? Mine is still thin after a few months, and Im wondering if that hair will ever grow back.
    Well it all dropped out after the first month of using minox; my shed started two weeks in and stopped at about 6 weeks. At the end of the second month about 75% of the hair was back and thicker at that. My crown is where it was before the shed and a little better in terms of hair count.

So to put it in simplified terms it was back with interest :P at the end of the third month.

One problem I have to point out is that my crown is a lot more inclined to itch and get irritated after using nizshampoo. Scratched it raw the other day. Having to resort to putting on a leave in conditioner before going to bed. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    Last edited by melwou7245; 09-11-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: forgot to include extra info