+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help..i beg of anyone to answer this question related to shedding

Hey I have been on proscar for 7 months now. At month 5 my hairloss came to a hault..but since then I have not been combing my hair at all! as a matter of fact, I havnt combed my hair in well over 2 months. I noticed today that while applying coconut oil to my hair, I was seeing hair after hair on my hands..all in all I counted about 120 hairs that came out! Im usually very gentle with my hair and never comb it so I dont notice any hairs coming off my scalp.

Could this be because I havnt been combing my hair so that the dead hairs stuck around my scalp? I didnt notice any loss in density or thinning because of this, my hair looks the same as its been but its scaring me. As of right now no matter how hard i pull, no more hairs are coming off my scalp, im just scared if those 120 or so hairs were a sign of another shed on propecia or is it because my lack of combing. They say its normal to lose up to 100 hairs per day, but I have never seen anything close to that amount fall of of my head till today. I mean the hairs were coming off all over my scalp, back, alot on the sides, and some on the top, no matter where i applied the oil.

And for the record, Im a NW1 at the age of 26 with very thick hair..with a slight thinning crown which is the reason why I got on proscar, so i know I dont have aggressive MPB.

come on man, that needs no answer. If you don't comb your hair for a while all the shed hairs will remain on your head and after so many days when you run your fingers or a comb through your hair you'll see those hairs coming out by the 10s if not the 100s.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    come on man, that needs no answer. If you don't comb your hair for a while all the shed hairs will remain on your head and after so many days when you run your fingers or a comb through your hair you'll see those hairs coming out by the 10s if not the 100s.
    Thanks for answering my question. I was scared to death because I regularly shampoo my head and thought most hairs would have came through shampooing..but it seems like these shed hairs linger around..seeing that many hairs fall out is an absolute scary sight man. DAMN HAIR LOSS and what it does to you on a mental standpoint.

Don't ever pull the hairs again, I know its hard but please don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by scar85 View Post
    Thanks for answering my question. I was scared to death because I regularly shampoo my head and thought most hairs would have came through shampooing..but it seems like these shed hairs linger around..seeing that many hairs fall out is an absolute scary sight man. DAMN HAIR LOSS and what it does to you on a mental standpoint.
    I'm not lying or exaggerating if I said my heart sinks and I feel like it's going to stop and I almost collapse every time I see a huge number of hair coming out in the comb. I'm been having a massive shed for the past several months. I'm talking like 10-15 hairs every time I run the comb thru my hair. Hairs will continue to come out as long as I keep brushing. It's been like hell for for the past several months.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I'm not lying or exaggerating if I said my heart sinks and I feel like it's going to stop and I almost collapse every time I see a huge number of hair coming out in the comb. I'm been having a massive shed for the past several months. I'm talking like 10-15 hairs every time I run the comb thru my hair. Hairs will continue to come out as long as I keep brushing. It's been like hell for for the past several months.
    Man I go through this emotional breakdown everyday. I dont look forward to mornings because I have to shower, and Im always so nervous about more hair loss. This has become a miserable way of life for me now, all I can think about is hairloss. My crown used to be so thick, the thickest hairs were on my crown but within days it got thin. I dont even know how to style my hair anymore, its obvious..you can see all that super thick hair on my head but when you get to the crown..its thin. What did I do to deserve this? Hairloss is a total killer man, it really hurts people emotionally and socially. I dont even go out as often, because I feel like people can notice.

As far as you combing and hairs continuing to come out, thats how my hairloss started. One day I was combing my hair and noticed a good 20-30 hairs came out, I freaked out..and then i continued to comb for a good 5-10 mins and the hairs wouldnt stop coming out!! its like I could go all day and my hairloss would not stop.

Today I noticed about 5-10 hairs in the shower (probably from loose hairs or god knows maybe the ****ing MPB did that), and only 1 hair came out when combing. I seriously feel like Im going to go bald in no time, I thought meds like Proscar/propecia were suppose to prevent hairloss. How is losing about 10-20 hairs a day preventing hairloss (not counting the ones on pillow, or the ones that drain in the shower or rest on the top of your head after your shampooing)? I just dont get it, some people swear they dont lose a single strand. I have checked pillows of some people with non mpb, and throughout the accumulation of the week..I see maybe 4 or 5 strands! How do people lose 100 hairs a day? I have seen people who pull on there hair as hard as they can all over and they never lose a single hair!

But anyways, its all we can do now..its out of our control..all we can do is just watch as we age and grow old..and perhaps..just maybe 1 day in our lifetime there will be a cure to this sickening disease. I certainly know that with a good head of hair and without the fear of hairloss, I would live a Happy and healthy life.

As far as the above comment before yours, I only pulled my hair afterwards because i was in an emotional wreck cause i was sick of seeing all that hair come out so I was like WTF Im doomed anyway just make me go bald now atleast it will put me out of my daily misery, i could then just be miserable for the rest of my life with no hair. I was only applying coconut oil and hairs were sticking to my hands. I counted like 120+ hairs, but I did cut my hair a few hours before and showered after that..so its possible a few, very few could have been cut hairs stuck to other hairs..but I doubt that because majority were about an inch because thats how short i cut it.