+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr Feller: 3000 strip Procedure

First and foremost I'd like to thank Spex for being helpful, concise and very knowledgeable in the communications I had with him almost two years ago. I've recently purchased his ebook, and if you take even one thing from it (which I did), its worth every penny. I apologise to Spex for the lack of communications from my part, as he is probably reading this at the same time as you guys!

Anyways, go buy it:

http://maximumhairminimumloss.com/

A little about myself:

I've not posted on any forums, and this is my first communication with the hair loss world, after having my procedure in April 2010. I'm doing this now to give something back, in the hope that it will positively influence anyone who is searching for a surgeon.

Investing in a hair transplant at that point in my life (my 25th birthday landed a week before I had my transplant - the earliest age suggested by the experts) was a huge commitment. I've always tried to be sensible with my money, and it took all my savings and then some to fly from the UK, organise a trip and surgery to New York City with my girlfriend. We visited New York for two weeks, we had the time of our life, and the HT took up only a day. Best city I've ever been to. However I must admit, going into the depths of Long Island and visiting a brutal Ramada hotel (who had briefly lost our booking) probably caused a few more hairs to fall out.

There also was the issue of a certain Islandic Volcanic eruption half way through our holiday, but I digress (we got home ok).

Dr Feller was brilliant from beginning to end, the staff were professional, and fantastic with me and my girlfriend.

To the business end:

I had 3000 grafts done by Dr Feller, following my hairline that was left. Please note that the first two pictures (which I took prior to the operation) was when I had long hair, and was wet. The pictures taken today are obviously a shorter cut and dry hair. I've took one quick picture of each angle with a flash.

I'm delighted with the results, go with the best surgeons and your far more likely to enjoy the results. Financially its a huge commitment, but I have and will always believe that personal well being far outweighs financial hardships.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before1.jpg

Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	11408   Click image for larger version

Name:	before2.JPG

Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	11409   Click image for larger version

Name:	17mths1.jpg

Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	11410   Click image for larger version

Name:	17mths2.jpg

Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	11411   Click image for larger version

Name:	17mths4.jpg

Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	11412   Click image for larger version

Name:	17mths5.jpg

Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	11413   Click image for larger version

Name:	17mths6.jpg

Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	11414  

Thanks for posting, glad to see everything went well for you. I am close in age (27) and am researching my own transplant, and it just so happens Dr. Feller is the leading candidate. Can I ask how much your 3000 graft procedure cost?

I've just sent you a message with a link for prices, Feller is the man. I spent months choosing my surgeon, and you can have a great holiday in NYC on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    I've just sent you a message with a link for prices, Feller is the man. I spent months choosing my surgeon, and you can have a great holiday in NYC on top of it
    Thanks. Did he charge you the exact price quoted on his website? Or was there any "wiggle room" on the pricing?

great hair, were you on meds before or are you on meds now? I am approaching 25 and is this still too young for a HT? I noticed you had alot of grafts at a young age, what if you lose more of your native hair in the diffuse zones u were losing before and you need another big transplant will your donor match up?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    Thanks. Did he charge you the exact price quoted on his website? Or was there any "wiggle room" on the pricing?
    I was charged an exact quote on the grafts we initially agreed to via emails (due to living in the UK I communicated with the surgery via pictures). I was offered more grafts when I first met Dr Feller on the day of the procedure (had I wanted to pay a bit more), as he was able to see my hair in the flesh, but didn't take them at the time. When you see the likes of Wayne Rooney paying £30,000 (reported) for his transplant, it makes other's prices seem a lot more reasonable. It's a big investment, but you feel so much better thinking that you've got the best in the business doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    great hair, were you on meds before or are you on meds now? I am approaching 25 and is this still too young for a HT? I noticed you had alot of grafts at a young age, what if you lose more of your native hair in the diffuse zones u were losing before and you need another big transplant will your donor match up?
    Thanks, I have been on Propecia since mid 2009, it seems to have contributed to some stability in my hair density. My hair at the minute is at the thickness it was when I was around 22, and I'm mid 26 now.

If there is such a thing to be fortunate about, I have a lot of grafts still available to me for later procedures, my donor area is big and really thick. My doctor was impressed with the donor available to me if and when needed.

I've got no doubts that some point down the line I'll need work done, but my crown is holding out fine and the hairline is comfortable for me. I'll try to find some of my HT pictures straight after the op, Dr Feller essentially thickened up the thinned hairline that was there. The pre and post op pictures look a bit more dramatic because as mentioned, one is with wet long hair, the other short dry. Had I not had the procedure, my hairline would have been decimated by now.

Every bit of research I did before my transplant argued that HT's should be avoided until 25, and I tend to agree because you can judge the speed of your loss better. The area I had transplanted followed the hairline I had left (temples were thinning), and I think that its important to avoid unrealistic hairlines.

Double post.

Thumbs up

Congrats mate and im glad you found the project helpful. Drop me an email when you get chance so i can get your full name and info for your official pre op pics as cant find your email..

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.