+ Reply to Thread

Default shiny scalp=dead follicles??

Ok so i have some diffuse thinning, and have been using regaine for 20 days straight, and the shedding has already stopped but when my hair is short i notice that my scalp i shiny as hell? How come? Is this connected with dead hair follicles? I don't have any balds spots or whatsoever, so i'm kinda confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramazan View Post
    Ok so i have some diffuse thinning, and have been using regaine for 20 days straight, and the shedding has already stopped but when my hair is short i notice that my scalp i shiny as hell? How come? Is this connected with dead hair follicles? I don't have any balds spots or whatsoever, so i'm kinda confused?
    No having a shiny scalp doesnt mean dead follicles. Now if you experience scarring alopecia, or when the color of your scalp starts matching the color of your forhead..then yes most likely dead follicles. Your scalp is shiny as hell because you probably suffer from the same problem that most hairloss sufferers suffer from, thats overproduction of sebum. If you have ever seen a hair that had a sebum plug attached to it, theres your answer. Not only MPB individuals suffer from this, its just that with us are scalps are more sensitive to stuff like this.

Sometimes a shiny scalp means a healthy scalp. I usually can see the shine on thin areas of my scalp after shampooing well.

Quote Originally Posted by scar85 View Post
    No having a shiny scalp doesnt mean dead follicles. Now if you experience scarring alopecia, or when the color of your scalp starts matching the color of your forhead..then yes most likely dead follicles. Your scalp is shiny as hell because you probably suffer from the same problem that most hairloss sufferers suffer from, thats overproduction of sebum. If you have ever seen a hair that had a sebum plug attached to it, theres your answer. Not only MPB individuals suffer from this, its just that with us are scalps are more sensitive to stuff like this.

Sometimes a shiny scalp means a healthy scalp. I usually can see the shine on thin areas of my scalp after shampooing well.
    Is it possible to get rid of these excessive amounts of sebum?

Yes, get jojoba oil. What killed my crown was the sebum plugs, every hair that fell off had that sebum plug (looks like hardened sand ball) attached to the root.

What I have been doing is mixing 4-5 drops of jojoba oil with a organic chemical free shampoo, and massaging my scalp with it. This cleans out the sebum plugs and jojoba oil reduces the amount of sebum your scalp produces. Since then, I have not seen a single sebum plug. This is not something I just pulled out of my ass, you can read about this online.

Unfortunately, there is no other cure to help with the overproduction of sebum. Plenty of people male and females non mpb or mpb lose hair due to these sebum plugs. its just that with us, the hair miniaturizes never to grow again. So control it while you can.