+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

My Prediction: Note the following is filled with speculation only.

Histogen and Adreans will hit the market first.

The main competition will be between Adreans and Replicel.my assumption is Adreans knows Replicel are on their tail
    hence the 150 million dollar investment, and I think they know Replicel have cracked it.

Histrogen maybe use for treating the early stages of balding, as its only known to reactivate existing dormant hair cells.

Replicel is known to create new hair follicles, that produce better results than DP CELLS. So this will be used to treat the nw6 7s maybe.

Follica Bio...

I really find it hard to make any assumptions about these guys, I mean Christ if you read there patents at one point it looks like there creating some computerized machine.

See excerpt

A method according to the present invention for promoting new hair growth a human scalp is performed as follows. A male subject with substantial hair loss on the scalp is seated in a stationary examination chair. A high-resolution digital camera is used to obtain an image of an area of the scalp measuring about 100 cm 2 . The image is stored onto the hard drive of a general purpose digital computer that is equipped with software for identifying physical features that are typically found on the scalp and for assigning coordinates to identified physical features that are based on the location of the physical feature relative to the margins of the imaged portion of the scalp. The computer identifies a first hair follicle by location of the point at which a detected terminal hair enters the scalp and records the likely location of the identified hair follicle, as well as the probable angle of the follicle in view of the angle of the terminal hair that is associated therewith.

An incision unit comprising an 5×5 array of fractional lasers is positioned so that one of the lasers is proximate to the identified hair follicle. Each unit of the 5×5 array is equipped with a laser for producing a fractional laser pattern, an angled “cage” that rests against the body surface in order to angle the laser so that it is applied to the body surface at an oblique angle when activated, and piezoelectric elements for directing individual beams. The system of which the incision unit is a part is controlled by a general purpose digital computer that accepts input regarding pertinent information from a human operator. The computer activates the incision unit, and each fractional laser produces a pattern of angled laser beams that are applied to the body surface. The computer controls the power of the lasers and the amount of time during which the laser is applied to the body surface so that each laser penetrates the body surface to a depth of 500 microns. The computer likewise controls the piezoelectric elements with respect to each beam in order to translate each beam relative to the body surface in a linear direction during application to the bodys surface, such that each beam produces a slit-like injury measuring 2 mm in length (and 500 microns deep, as specified above). The lasers are subsequently deactivated.

Next, the computer activates applicators that are integrated with the incision unit. The applicators each include an inkjet-type head for delivering a composition substantially directly into the wounds that were formed by the respective fractional beams. A small volume (about 50 μL) of a composition comprising 6-bromo-indirubin-3′-oxime (a GSK3β modulator) and carrier comprising PEO-PPO-PEO (a thermoreversible polymer that gels when exposed to human physiological temperatures) is delivered as a fluid into every third wound, and the applicators are deactivated.

The computer then uses the previously acquired image of the portion of the subject's scalp to permit a determination of the optimal direction in which the incision unit should be translated relative to the scalp. A human operator analyzes the image and determines that the remaining hairs on the subject's scalp are oriented in a clockwise whorl. The operator designates a direction in which the incision unit should be translated relative to the scalp in order to expose as many follicles at an appropriate angle to the incisors, and enters the appropriate information to the computer using an interface. The computer then directs the incision unit to a location relative to the subject's scalp that is consistent with the determination of the orientation of hair follicles. The computer then activates the incision unit, and each fractional laser produces a pattern of angled laser beams that are applied to the body surface. The computer controls the power of the lasers and the amount of time during which the laser is applied to the body surface so that each laser penetrates the body surface to a depth of 500 microns. The computer likewise controls the piezoelectric elements with respect to each beam in order to translate each beam relative to the body surface in a linear direction during application to the bodys surface, such that each beam produces a slit-like injury measuring 2 mm in length (and 500 microns deep, as specified above). The lasers are subsequently deactivated.

I actually think Follica is end game, I think their 10 to 20 years off, but when they do hit the market it will be with a drug or vaccine.

That being said really hard to know with those guys.

Yeah Follica is just wierd with their patents.
    But actually the end game for all MPB sufferes is Dr. Ronald Lauster. He is actually multiplying hair. So fair the created hairs are vellus hairs. But if he manages to go further, actually when he succeds with creating full functiong hairs. Thats it. But who knows that may be 10 to 20 years off...

With regards to Cotsaleris's patent you pasted on here: He has so many patents out there (maybe even like 50) so this is just one of many. I think Follica is planning to release something a helluva lot sooner than 10-20 years away. They're really in a race against companies like Histogen and Replicel to develop something substantial to regrow hair, and Follica has more much funding I believe than the other aforementioned companies. I know they're usually very tight-lipped about the progress of their clinical trials, but they already have a clinical trial underway and they really don't need to give any huge updates since they're not hurting for any more funding. I don't know, but I prefer to be optimistic and I think that a cure for hair loss is gonna come a helluva lot sooner than 10-20 years. That's one of the only things that keeps me going in life. I think lots of companies and people finally realize that we're fed up with the limited options that are out there today.
    Also, Penny Stock, could you update us on some other private companies that are working to develop a solution to hair loss. I was previously unaware of Celtigen and would be eager to learn about some more.

Default let it be, let it be, let it be, ohhhhh...let it be!

if's but's and maybe's!

the more i read about replicel the more i think '...like really'!

I so hope (like we all do) that the main characters in these '...so far our findings are dot dot dot and we think this might happen and that could happen' have some heavy duty and well calculated conclusions that outweigh any run of the mill optimism.

Whether this falls flat on it's arse or not and Replicel becomes another class of 11/12 from school Flash in the pans, i'm in no doubt it really help's towards finding (and getting a better understanding) of what we can do to get our hair back!

57mph

http://www.berkleyresources.com/s/Corporate.asp

Recent Investment: Life Sciences/Cell Replication

Our recent investment in RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. reflects our belief that cell replication technology holds enormous promise for human health in both the near and long term. RepliCel's current focus is employing cell replication as a treatment for pattern baldness and other forms of hair loss in both men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Stock View Post
    http://www.berkleyresources.com/s/Corporate.asp

Recent Investment: Life Sciences/Cell Replication

Our recent investment in RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. reflects our belief that cell replication technology holds enormous promise for human health in both the near and long term. RepliCel's current focus is employing cell replication as a treatment for pattern baldness and other forms of hair loss in both men and women.
    "Berkley Resources has purchased approximately 918,120 of the issued and outstanding shares of RepliCel Life Sciences Inc., with the option to acquire more shares."

The CEO of Berkley Resources Inc is one of the co-founders of RepliCel, which to me means that somebody who has an intimate knowledge of RepliCel's scientific findings is willing to invest a lot of their own money into it.

Good signs all in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    "Berkley Resources has purchased approximately 918,120 of the issued and outstanding shares of RepliCel Life Sciences Inc., with the option to acquire more shares."

The CEO of Berkley Resources Inc is one of the co-founders of RepliCel, which to me means that somebody who has an intimate knowledge of RepliCel's scientific findings is willing to invest a lot of their own money into it.

Good signs all in all.
    Isn't that a tremendous conflict of interest?? If I'm a shareholder at Berkley I would definitely be outraged that my CEO is affiliated with a company whose shares Berkley just bought.

Presumably not since it's posted on their website for all to read.

While he is one of the co-founders and their former CEO he is no longer a part of RepliCel(or Trichoscience as they were called before).

EDIT: "Mr. Wayrynen provides experience in resource company management, venture capital, startup financing, and mergers and acquisitions. He is an original co-founder and former President and CEO of TrichoScience Innovations Inc., which became Replicel Life Sciences Inc., and helped advance that company to its current market cap of $80 million."

Fair enough! In any case, it's great to hear that money is being invested in these companies!