+ Reply to Thread

Default Just started propecia

Right i finally did it, ive signed up to be part of the boots retention programme......dont know how to feel about it. Took my 2nd tablet today and feel abit aprehensive and worried.

Its probably just me but i think im trying to convince myself ive lost my sex drive already - i know its impossible after 2 tablets but im a worrier. Also really worried they dont work on me, i know ive got to wait about 6 months i just hope i dont lose any more hair.

Hey daz, im in the same boat as you, started 6 weeks ago. I was freaked about the side effects, but guess what? I dont have any, try not to think about it because you will mentally freak yourself out. Good luck.

right im 6 days in.....so far so good. sorry for bringing this topic to the surface again. As ive mentioned before i am a general worrier.

Since taking these tablets i really havent thought about sex or had any desire for it. Im single at the moment but the last few months i have played the field alot so this has got me concerned that the propecia has resulted in this :S

I know this may sound silly or that im looking to deep into it but i keep finding myself asking questions about whether i feel "in the mood" and in the morning when i dont wake up feeling "in the mood" its leaving me worried.

How long should i give before you would stop taking them if they were making me lose my sex drive??

cheers people

Quote Originally Posted by daz1985 View Post
    right im 6 days in.....so far so good. sorry for bringing this topic to the surface again. As ive mentioned before i am a general worrier.

Since taking these tablets i really havent thought about sex or had any desire for it. Im single at the moment but the last few months i have played the field alot so this has got me concerned that the propecia has resulted in this :S

I know this may sound silly or that im looking to deep into it but i keep finding myself asking questions about whether i feel "in the mood" and in the morning when i dont wake up feeling "in the mood" its leaving me worried.

How long should i give before you would stop taking them if they were making me lose my sex drive??

cheers people
    Daz1985,

I am also quite new to propecia, in fact I joined the boots programme december last year. I think the propecia is having a psycological effect on you, as it did with me . It is not good to worry about it as you will create a problem. In theory, you could stop for a week and see if things are back to normal, but I also think this method is flawed as it would have the placebo effect. My advice is to stick with it for a month and see how it goes. In fact boots will have a monthly review to make sure things are ok before carry on. Good luck!