+ Reply to Thread

Default Hi everyone, goodbye hair =(

Hi folks, I was feeling sort of depressed about my hair getting thinner over the last year so I figured I register and make a post. SOO i'll sum up my story and ask some questions.

Pretty much my situation is as follows: I'm a 20 year old guy, a sophomore in college, and my hair is starting to reach a point of being blatantly thinning. To add to the problem I have an extremely asymmetrical hairline which I was given loads of crap for in middle school (called baldy ect., so I've had a sort of preview of whats to come ) . Once I moved out to the west coast and started high school I self consciously did my best to hide my crazy one sided widows peek from my new peers, and it has more or less worked until now. (as far as I can tell, lol) Anyway, thanks to my already hideous hairline I'm no stranger to being semi-obsessive about what my hair is doing, the problem is now that its thinning my time spent obsessing over my hair has more or less doubled and I'm feeling super depressed, especially as I recall being treated like garbage in middle school.

also to add to my misery I personally think I will make an exceptionally ugly bald guy.

Currently I'm into what must be my 5th weak of nightly 5% minox in spots all over my head and near daily 1% Nizarol. Also I only do Minox nightly because I can't justify keeping my hair only to have it look absolutely like crap from the treatment, and when I say absolutely- I mean absolutely, minox and my hair are not a a good match

What I really want to know is, how long should I be shedding from the Minox, because for the last two weeks I've been able to line my sink with shed hair and I'm starting to freak out.

Also, whats the deal with propecia? how much does it cost? and is it true that it can cause horrible deformities in any children I may have in the future

Is saw palmetto any good?

other than that, any advice on how to stem this thinning would be much appreciated.

I'm trying really hard to take a sort of 'Buddhist/nothing lasts' sort of perspective on this whole mess, but as yall know its pretty damn hard.

cheers folks
    -Jacques

Hi Layerkcake,

I feel your pain man!!!!!! I wasn’t so great looking to begin with but when I began to lose my hair it really freaked me out. I also had a very high forehead and was poked fun at in school, but you know what, it gets better. This forum is great! I’m on here all the time reading and learning from other people. I don’t post as much as I should, but I still feel that I’m a relative novice and usually leave the treatment talk f to the experts.I’ll let someone else answer you about the treatments but I just wanted to welcome you here and to be the first to say to seal a line from Spencer Kobren, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Here's’ a link to a cool video Spencer posted about talking about your hair loss. For me this was half the battle and when I began sharing I felt much better about my predicament.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234

hey man propecia is appx 75bucks a month from a local pharmacy (CVS or Riteaid) or about 180 for 3 months from legit online drug stores. And the only way your child will be deformed is if your wife is using the drug, it doesnt effect the child if you (a male) are taking it. Good luck

Hello Layercake.

It's not easy dealing with hair loss at 20, but I was in the same boat as you about 10 years ago. Get yourself on Propecia as soon as possible it wasa life saver or me.

Here's my story.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

what you guys think? legit? looks really janky to me. but reviews say they come through idk

http://unitedpharmacies.com/Finpecia...ets_p_343.html