+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: bimatoprost

Fear the Loss: I'm not familiar with CB, can you let me know what it is?

Chris511026: I think the great majority of people that are on these forums are overall fairly eager, if not downright desperate, for some kind of viable treatment to come on the market. We're all in the same boat. However, all of that combined desire for something to come out does not have any impact on the speed with which a product can or will come to market. To some extent we have to be patient as we really don't have a choice, even though I'm sure that none of us like that fact. On the positive side, I believe there are more products in the pipeline than at any time in the past and that these products are based on a deeper understanding of the science of the human body and the underlying mechanisms of MPB, and therefore on some level would seem more likely to produce results. People have faith or interest in different potential products for different reasons, so you may want to investigate the likeliest candidates, like the ones Fear The Loss points out, do a little research, and settle in to wait and follow the developments.

Perhaps keep in mind that if something like a "cure" does come out, you will be part of the first generation in human history that has access to something like that, and that that would actually be a pretty incredible thing.

Rest assured though that any company that creates a product will immediately be among the most successful companies in the world, so the financial incentive is there in spades for them to develop something. Every single major scientific development that has any possible implications for treating MPB is being explored by some company somewhere. The promise of stem cells for regenerative medicine is a very real phenomenon, and one that could potentially be applied here, which would be very big (and good) news.

Allergan's clinical trials on the reformulated version of Bimatoprost for hair are to begin in early August of this year and set to wrap up in early to mid 2015. I would expect results to be reported at around that time.

Default Saw Palmetto

Has anyone tried Saw Palmetto for hair loss. Is it effective? Maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris511026 View Post
    no, it is not effective. i used it and did nothing but it is good for your health though

Kind of a side to this but is there a reason you only seem to post/look at this thread? I always see you update it every once in a while, not hating just curious haha. There are tonnes of other good threads you know

to answer your question, many use Saw Palmetto on the side, but it doesn't really do much.

I used a lot of it, for a long time. Can't say it made any difference at all to my hair, unfortunately.

Default Hair Transplant

I wanted to know if in the future I decide to go with a hair transplant where they graft hair from the back of my head can it only be done on areas of the scalp that are already bald? Since I've been on propecia I've been able to maintain but that hair will shed once I get off propecia. I don't want to have to go bald before I get a hair transplant. Can they graft hair on preexisting hair that is guaranteed to fall out is my question?

I wanted to know if in the future I decide to go with a hair transplant where they graft hair from the back of my head can it only be done on areas of the scalp that are already bald? Since I've been on propecia I've been able to maintain but that hair will shed once I get off propecia. I don't want to have to go bald before I get a hair transplant. Can they graft hair on preexisting hair that is guaranteed to fall out is my question?
    If you let your existing hair fall out after getting a hair transplant, you'll look awful

Default Hair Transplant

What are you saying? That I should let it fall out before getting the hair transplant?

What are you saying? That I should let it fall out before getting the hair transplant?
    No, that you should maintain as much as you can. Right now if you go totally bald, even with surgery, there's no coming back from it. You want to maintain as much of your natural hair as you can. IIRC almost all people who have a hair transplant are on finasteride for life afterwards. Otherwise you end up with a hairline and nothing else.