+ Reply to Thread

Default 8-16 months - Very important time

I speak to many guys from various Doc's about their concerns with growth and time scales.

Its vital that guys embarking down the HT road understand that they are not going to get the full result from their HT until
    16 / 18 months at least...
    Nevermind 3/4 months..... which for some reason seems to be the bench mark for the day they wake up and its all over.

So many guys email me concerned that at 3/4months they have not seen any growth yet And that they think
    their HT has been a failure !

I think everyone needs to be made aware that even after a whole year there is still a great deal more in store,
    ie thickening and maturing.

Many of us at the London Showcase only had this confirmed as we could all clearly see the big difference between
    the "Feller Twins" who are 4 months apart. Ian who is at 16 months post op (4 months ahead of Pete) Looked significantly
    thinker and fuller than Pete who is at the 12 month mark.

Months 8-16 are just as important in terms of growth, maturing, thickening as the first 8 months in my opinion.
    The success of your HT can only be determined after 18 months especially if you are a slow grower as well

Look at the progression of Ian who is now at 16 months post op

Skeptic1st

Hi Spex,
    Considering what you have said regarding expectations and time frames for new growth,there will always be exceptions to the rule correct?I have seen several photos on this site of patients who at only 6 months after receiving large HT sessions of 4 to 6K grafts appear about to have as full of a head of hair as anyone possibly could.I dont know what other supplements(propecia,rogaine,or something else) they may have used in conjunction with theyre transplants but that may be something to look at also.
    Its the job of the doctor to be up front and honest with his patients instead of worrying weather he's going "sell" that transplant.
    I was told by my physician that the growth time varies from person to person and that 6 months to a year is a realistic time frame.I was even already scheduled by my physician to return for my post op 6 month photo comparisons.Now why would they schedule that at 6 mos if they didnt beleive there was potential for some growth at that time?I am a patient patient and I dont have a problem waiting as long as it takes,without getting worked up about "WHEN".
    Im simply saying that in some cases, the HT physicians might be blamed for giving unrealistic expectations initially.

Its always good to monitor growth and generally at 6 months the patient is 40/50% grown out. I would be suprised to hear if anyone at 6 months felt they were fully grown as its very common for the HT to take 12/18 months to reach its maximum potentiual and maturity. There wil be definite improvements by 6 months but there will be a way to still progress.

I agree, Spex. I've hit my 13-month mark, and I can tell my transplanted hair is getting longer and the hair diameters feel thicker. It's very cool! I keep putting my fingers up to my hairline to feel it, and I keep staring at myself in the mirror!

All good brother