+ Reply to Thread

Default Question about Hair Restoration..

I am losing my hair, I tried Rogaine and it didn't work. I am now thinking about doing hair transplants. I keep getting info from Bosley and Hair Club for Men, does anyone have advice on whether one company is better than another? I live in the California Bay Area. Also, I was wondering what the success rate for transplants is.

Thanks for the info,

Listen my friend. STAY AWAY from the large hair mills. Do research on finasteride (Propecia) which is the most single effective oral medication for halting or greatly slowing down the progression of MPB (genetic hairloss).

Surgery is the last option and will always be there. You have to know the complete story. You have to understand why you are losing you hair, what you can do to slow it down, and the full implications of HT surgery.

You need to know both the pros and cons before ever talking to any doctors or large national chain clinics that do some of the worst horrific work.

Once you understand these dynamics, you will know what questions to ask. But you have to spend the time researching online. It is all there.

If you had any idea how many times in the past 30 years that I have heard someone tell me, "If I had only done my homework and researched hair transplants FIRST!" You do not want to be one of those individuals.

Best wishes on your new journey of knowledge my friend!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

thanks for your help