View Poll Results: Since you have used the drug, have you seen any sexual side effects?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have seen some sort of sexual side effects

39 43.33%
  • No, everything is fine

51 56.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    The thing is. Nobody on the street knows you are having erection problems. But everyone on the street sees if you have hair on your head or not.
    Great statement tool.. unfortunately this only validates one's vanity, it doesn't defend the drug or the problems with it that people are here to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Great statement tool.. unfortunately this only validates one's vanity, it doesn't defend the drug or the problems with it that people are here to discuss.
    More to the point, I think the problem with Scorpion is simple.

He is a slave to society.

He lives for others and not for himself.

Scorpion - you are not your own man. You are a bitch to society. Congratulations.

Your avater is funny too. Why a crying frog?

This scorpion dude is really messed up in the head or is just playing games. Kind of entertaining tho.

Quote Originally Posted by JMac View Post
    This scorpion dude is really messed up in the head or is just playing games. Kind of entertaining tho.
    Oh, he is for real.

I had sides. My erection wasn't nearly a full and my semen was watery and the volume was about half it was before. I quit the drug and about a month later my sides started getting better. Two months later I was my old self again.

Quote Originally Posted by mack_435 View Post
    I had sides. My erection wasn't nearly a full and my semen was watery and the volume was about half it was before. I quit the drug and about a month later my sides started getting better. Two months later I was my old self again.
    You're lucky man. I quit on early december after just six months and still not the same. My libido is better but my semen still half or less.

every time someone makes a propecia side effect post, *gasp*, the response will be divided into... wait for it... for propecia or against propecia

these posts are so ****ing redundant every single time. seriously, what more is there to discuss that hasn't already been discussed over, and over, and over, and over, and over

most of these posts boils down to HEY i'm about to give propecia a try but i'm scared as **** cuz i've been uh you know doing a little research here and there and found 'lots and lots' of horror stories and kinda scared to give a go. NOW convince on why i should risk taking propecia. hey, guess what? you're not doing anyone a favor by taking propecia.

if you need convincing, then take a good look at your hairline LMAO. if you're still unsure then... wait for it... don't take it!

nobody knows if you'll get side effects, but it's there. no amount anecdotal evidence will change that. you either risk it or you don't. not. that. hard.

but i understand the need to have their hands held every step of the way with words of encouragement and assurance for many grown bald men out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mohuk View Post
    So now, its said that only 2% of users would encounter some sort of sexual side effects.

so this thread would be the reference for all of us and to prove the whats the actual percentage of people who might see these side effects !
    you do realize that this is a highly biased, ridiculously inaccurate method of trying to disprove the 2% claim.

Quote Originally Posted by mack_435 View Post
    Back to your old self?, what ...balding?

I agree with PvH.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Here is the study I was referring to although it was actually 6%. Still, nowhere near 0.7% or 2%.

The study was done on JAPANESE men? Not American or European men, with their rich and diverse genetic heritage, but a largely isolated indigenous population in the far East. Can you spot the flaw in methodology??? If it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

As for your questions, yes I trust men who continue to post on these forums that they have been affected in similiar ways to me by a drug that works by changing the chemistry of their hormonal system. Seriously, it's not that hard to believe if you actually think about it what the drug is actually doing.

First off, there is no control group in this study. Second, side effects overall were 6%, not sexual side effects.

Also, authors of the following study (also on japanese men) explicitly say that ethnicity is unlikely to make a difference in the results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21980923

Based on this data, the research team concluded that Propecia is a safe and effective treatment for androgenic alopecia in Japanese males (and also stated that the results are unlikely to vary between males of different ethnic backgrounds). This study helps confirm the safe and effective nature of Propecia (finasteride) for treating male hair loss.