View Poll Results: Since you have used the drug, have you seen any sexual side effects?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have seen some sort of sexual side effects

39 43.33%
  • No, everything is fine

51 56.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    First off, there is no control group in this study. Second, side effects overall were 6%, not sexual side effects.

Also, authors of the following study (also on japanese men) explicitly say that ethnicity is unlikely to make a difference in the results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21980923
    I'm pretty sure Chrisis is more knowledgeable than some bogus scientists..

Quote Originally Posted by mack_435 View Post
    I had sides. My erection wasn't nearly a full and my semen was watery and the volume was about half it was before. I quit the drug and about a month later my sides started getting better. Two months later I was my old self again.
    What about low dose propecia.

.25?

Is it better to take a lower dose then taper yourself up?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    What about low dose propecia.

.25?

Is it better to take a lower dose then taper yourself up?
    I listened to Spencer's recent discussion with the hormone doc and that you could possible cut down the dosage and/or space out the days you take propecia. In the past, I have tried the recommended 1 milligram dose 3 different times over the past 5 years (at least 2 months each time) and experienced sexual side effects.

Anyway, I am currently experimenting by taking 1 mg every three days for a couple of weeks now (considering the half life, this might not be helping me, but perhaps my DHT levels (which my recent blood test concluded were average) are not too high and will respond better to a lower dose. I've had no side effects yet, although, it's still early.

I am considering taking .5 milligram dose every other day in a week or two. Perhaps I can report back if this lowered dose is a) effective and b) doesn't zap my wanker.

PvH's dead horse beating animation is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
    I listened to Spencer's recent discussion with the hormone doc and that you could possible cut down the dosage and/or space out the days you take propecia. In the past, I have tried the recommended 1 milligram dose 3 different times over the past 5 years (at least 2 months each time) and experienced sexual side effects.

Anyway, I am currently experimenting by taking 1 mg every three days for a couple of weeks now (considering the half life, this might not be helping me, but perhaps my DHT levels (which my recent blood test concluded were average) are not too high and will respond better to a lower dose. I've had no side effects yet, although, it's still early.

I am considering taking .5 milligram dose every other day in a week or two. Perhaps I can report back if this lowered dose is a) effective and b) doesn't zap my wanker.
    I really think propecia can be a safe drug, if the dosing is done properly.

The problem with 1mg everyday is not only the potency, but the fact that the body gets reliant on it after a while.

I know hasson and wong prescribe propecia every other day.

Playing with hormones is a careful balancing act.

I really think propecia can be a safe drug, if the dosing is done properly.

Playing with hormones is a careful balancing act.
    Problem is You cant really tell how much amount of drug is good for you every body is different than the others, for some it might be dangerous to take only 0.05 mg

How can we tell that our hormones are balanced or not ? Just by taking lower dosage and some blood work can we tell that ?

I say Playing with hormones is very dangerous act

You cannot goto your wife with standing hairs and Dead D**k

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    Problem is You cant really tell how much amount of drug is good for you every body is different than the others, for some it might be dangerous to take only 0.05 mg

How can we tell that our hormones are balanced or not ? Just by taking lower dosage and some blood work can we tell that ?

I say Playing with hormones is very dangerous act

You cannot goto your wife with standing hairs and Dead D**k
    I have often wondered if the reason why some people get sides is because they have low DHT levels to begin with; so when taking the drug they completely kill it.

Whereas the guys that dont have high DHT, so lowering it slightly has little affect. And may actually be good for them.

Of course the problem is - most people do not get blood work done before taking the drug, that tells them their DHT levels etc.

I have often wondered if the reason why some people get sides is because they have low DHT levels to begin with; so when taking the drug they completely kill it.

Whereas the guys that dont have high DHT, so lowering it slightly has little affect. And may actually be good for them.

Of course the problem is - most people do not get blood work done before taking the drug, that tells them their DHT levels etc.
    The sales guy at the HT consult I went to yesterday said there could be a small percentage of guys who get their sex drive from DHT as opposed to testosterone. Perhaps that's a reason for the side effects for some. It's an interesting theory. I did get my dht levels checked and I'm average - but I'm on the lower range for T. I'm going to keep upping my dosage slightly as long as I don't have any sides. I'll never go to 1 mg again, as that has always created (reversible) problems.

You could be right but I suspect absolute DHT levels aren't what lead to sides, and that something else is at work
    I say this because guys on dutasteride (or dut+fin) are lowering their serum DHT levels by 90-95%. Yet many of them get no side effects, despite that they are functioning on 1/10th or 1/20th their baseline DHT levels

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
    The sales guy at the HT consult I went to yesterday said there could be a small percentage of guys who get their sex drive from DHT as opposed to testosterone. Perhaps that's a reason for the side effects for some. It's an interesting theory. I did get my dht levels checked and I'm average - but I'm on the lower range for T. I'm going to keep upping my dosage slightly as long as I don't have any sides. I'll never go to 1 mg again, as that has always created (reversible) problems.
    That sounds like pure speculation and I'm not requesting you to provide one but I'm yet to read any study or scientific article claiming that DHT is in any way responsible for male libido.