Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dr. Alexander:My nightmare experience

Many on this board have read my posts concerning my HT experience with Dr. Alexander from Phx, Arizona.

I want to document my entire story in hopes to educate those that are considering the HT path.

Help those individuals that think they did their research like I thought I did, to find that doctor you are going to hope does great cosmetic work, and certainly would never put your health at risk.

I researched for over a year, called offices and visited local doctors, but ended up relying on the internet to find a doc that could not only meet my expectation cosmetically but protect my privacy along the way. Both were very important concerns as they are for most.

I will add a post from time to time to continue my story feel free to ask questions, critique, and as always Dr. Alexander you are encouraged to stop by and post your side of my story at anytime.

THis the first time your posting his name?

Very sorry to hear about your bad experience. I wish you all the very best with resolving the situation as best as possible. The thought of a bad FUT terrifies me. I really hope Aderans, Histogen and Replicel can get something out to help you and others sometime around 2014 or shortly after.

I have heard of a doctor from Egypt who has treated young children with alpoecia areata and other hair disorders by taking bone marrow stem cells and injecting them into the scalp. I wish they could at least try this for repair patients who do not wish to undergo another FUT. They believe it may work for MPB sufferers as it is thought to revive the progenitor cells which Kostarelis (apologies if the the spelling is wrong) has shown are still there.

I think a great deal good be learned from trying this and many repair patients would have nothing to lose. It would either work and improve their situation or they would be in the same place as before.

Again I wish you all the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    THis the first time your posting his name?
    directly? yes, I have posted his name in my last couple post on other topics

oh and thanks FDR for that information and the kind words

I am interested to read your story and see how long this post will remain up

Follicle Death Row, I heard about the lady in Egypt (Marwa Fawzi) successfully treating various forms of alopecia in children but I didn't know that it was with bone marrow stem cells. That is really encouraging that these bone marrow stem cells were used. I've heard talk about bone marrow stem cells being used to stimulate hair growth. I've talked about this before and I really wish some one would try this. Sometimes I think these doctors get way too stuck with these stupid hair transplants. I also agree with you that I'm terrified of FUT, that's I could never get one; I know I'd regret it. Even FUE causes scarring. I don't think using bone marrow stem cells would cause any head scarring so that's why I'm intrigued.
    Mr. 4000, that's really good of you to post what you're posting right now. I wish you the best as well. I really think that a lot more goes wrong with hair transplants than we are led to believe and I've read all of these stories (some on here) of hair transplants gone wrong. That's why I'm interested in all of these new therapies, and why most people don't opt for hair transplants in the first place.

You know I’m on your side man, I’ve been following your situation and posted on the other thread, but I have seen some really impressive hair transplants and think people have good hair transplants from good doctors every day, and in all fairness Dr. Alexander seems to be one of the better doctors out there. I don’t know exactly what happened in your case, but I think it’s fair to say that complications can occur with anything, even botox injections. For me, I’m willing to take a calculated risk when the time is right. I cancelled my surgery with MHR because I found this forum and when I am ready and actually have the funds it will take to complete the job I will be going for it. I personally don’t think it’s fair to people who can benefit from a hair translant to try to turn them off of it because of one isolated experience. That’s just my opinion, nothing personal and I do feel for you, don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Follicle Death Row, I heard about the lady in Egypt (Marwa Fawzi) successfully treating various forms of alopecia in children but I didn't know that it was with bone marrow stem cells. That is really encouraging that these bone marrow stem cells were used. I've heard talk about bone marrow stem cells being used to stimulate hair growth. I've talked about this before and I really wish some one would try this. Sometimes I think these doctors get way too stuck with these stupid hair transplants. I also agree with you that I'm terrified of FUT, that's I could never get one; I know I'd regret it. Even FUE causes scarring. I don't think using bone marrow stem cells would cause any head scarring so that's why I'm intrigued.
    Mr. 4000, that's really good of you to post what you're posting right now. I wish you the best as well. I really think that a lot more goes wrong with hair transplants than we are led to believe and I've read all of these stories (some on here) of hair transplants gone wrong. That's why I'm interested in all of these new therapies, and why most people don't opt for hair transplants in the first place.
    I was wrong about the bone marrow stem cells. I think I read that in another post somewhere. A quick google shows that what Dr. Fawzai does is in fact akin to what Aderans and Replicel are looking into.

http://www.stem-cells-news.com/1/tag...r-marwa-fawzi/

Stem cells are multiplied and cultured from a tiny piece of your own scalp. Sounds exactly like what Aderans and Replicel are doing except Dr. Fawzai has already done it in children with alopecia areata with success. Very interesting. I'd love to see this done on a repair patient pro bono. If nothing else Mr. 4000 you should look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    You know I’m on your side man, I’ve been following your situation and posted on the other thread, but I have seen some really impressive hair transplants and think people have good hair transplants from good doctors every day, and in all fairness Dr. Alexander seems to be one of the better doctors out there. I don’t know exactly what happened in your case, but I think it’s fair to say that complications can occur with anything, even botox injections. For me, I’m willing to take a calculated risk when the time is right. I cancelled my surgery with MHR because I found this forum and when I am ready and actually have the funds it will take to complete the job I will be going for it. I personally don’t think it’s fair to people who can benefit from a hair translant to try to turn them off of it because of one isolated experience. That’s just my opinion, nothing personal and I do feel for you, don't get me wrong.
    certainly won't be my intentions but think people will learn a lot from my story, and you certainly shouldn't go by what you are seeing on the internet, it is a marketing tool for Doctors and reps.

I think it's very important that people that have had sub par work let us know. I'm pretty sure every clinic's photo gallery doesn't provide an entirely fair representation of the standard of their work. You'd expect that they might be putting up only their above average results. They can definitely be misleading.

It's essential that this forum allows people to see and hear from satisfied and dissatisfied patients alike in order to form a true opinion on what's right for them.