Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mr. 4000, I just want to say thank you that you take the time to write down your story. I really appreciate your effort trying to warn people about the ugly side of the HT industry. As I am planning for my first HT and anticipating how things may turn out, reading your story I can feel the loneliness, desperation amd helplessness that you may had felt during the whole ordeal. I feel really sorry that things had turned out so badly for you.

Delphi, you have your right to say whatever you want. But I hope you know that you have contribute nothing to the discussion so far, and your comment is totally unproductive. So I suggest that, for your own good, you don't need to waste any more of your time (and our time reading any more of your posts).

Thank you.

I’ll be sure to take that under advisement alan7777. Welcome to the forum, I see that you're a newbie. I think in time you'll better understand why I chose to post in this thread and take the stance that I have.

Default Never mind.

Whoops wrong guy - sorry
    Last edited by macdaddyg; 09-09-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 4000 View Post
    I spoke with dr. alexander on one occasion for a phone consultation. It was a very uncomfortable phone conversation because in the back of my mind I was contemplating this whole idea or at least questioning myself on what I was getting myself into.

He quoted me in the range of 3000-3500 graft which was actually good news because if he could do a 4000 graft session I should be in good hands. I was told by Nicole Johnson and Dr. Alexander both, that 4000 was possible. One pass was a priority because no matter what anyone tells you recovery from a HT takes forever.

I wanted to book with Dr. Wong, he was my top guy but he was booked and couldn't do unshaved (or wouldn't). Going to Canada was also a huge negative for me with all the security in airports at the time. I spoke with Mike from his office. I remember one thing Mike told me. He felt there is only one doctor in the States that has decent results by his standards and that was Ron Shapiro, he said the rest were not any good and were novice.

This worried me because this guy worked with the best and Shapiro wasn't able to do unshaved at that time. He certainly didn't kno of Dr. ALexander.

Dr. Alexander was pretty dry as far as personality but I didn't care about that, I cared about finding a doctor that could do a one pass, unshaved procedure and was extremely good. That was top priority in my search.

He not the type that would educate the patient on the process at all. I spoke with Matt from Shapiro and he spoke with me for 45 minutes telling me about Dr. Ron's philosophy and how he goes about getting the best look for his patients short and long term. Very nice person and really informative about there practice.

You don't get that from Dr. Alexander. He quoted me the graft count and simply asked if I had any questions and thats it. I just started asking questions because I wanted to get to know him a little better before I got off the phone. So I asked some generic questions.

One question I asked was the experience of his employees and it seems like the industry standard is tell the patient 4 years or more. Well that is exactly what he told me. That is exactly what Nicole Johnson emailed me.

I read every piece of information I possible could on every website I could find. I searched google countless times using different combinations to find any negative information on Dr. Alexander and the rest of the doctors I had in mind. There was nothing negative that I could find but there wasn't a ton of information out there on him either

The people that were hyping Dr. Alexander were on this forum and a couple other forums that I would read, which was a a reason I even found him in the first place.

After a lot of doubt I booked with him. I booked because he met my requirements at the time. A choice that I regret to this day. My HT was in 2009.

This was part of an email from Nicole johnson back in July of 2009:

Dr. Alexander does perform as much as 4000 or more grafts in a single session. Most of our cases average about 2500-3000 grafts. Do keep i n mind that some surgeons that are transplanting in the 4000+ range are splitting hairs. There =2 0is no reason that a surgeon should do this, as you end up with the same hair count, and save the patient money.

I cannot find ONE case where Dr. Alexander ever achieved a session of over 3400 grafts. If you can please let me know. So they both lied to me about that information, but this would be a nice payday for them regardless of the truth.

Next I will get into the actual HT procedure......

So let me get this straight, you were unhappy with him before the procedure and you still sat down in his chair?

I'd be pissed if I paid a lot of money and got hacked up, but why not just post up some before and after pics? You know... a picture is worth a 1000 words?

Let us see what's up, stop with all of this drama already - it's compromising your viewpoint and it's hard to take you seriously at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahairdown View Post
    So let me get this straight, you were unhappy with him before the procedure and you still sat down in his chair?

I'd be pissed if I paid a lot of money and got hacked up, but why not just post up some before and after pics? You know... a picture is worth a 1000 words?

Let us see what's up, stop with all of this drama already - it's compromising your viewpoint and it's hard to take you seriously at this point.
    Im not really worried about your point of view. Im telling to entire process for others and if it doesn't help you don't read the thread, thats all.

Maybe this thread isn't for you

I remember seeing Dr. Alexander's pictures online and really being impressed, I thought he did great hairlines (and maybe he does, I don't know) but I found myself in Phoenix and scheduled an appointment to meet with him a few years back. What a waste of time. For one thing, I was terribly unimpressed with the professionalism of his office personnel. I remember dealing with Nicole, and while she was okay online, in person she was not friendly at all. I was also unimpressed with his office and remember there being a really, really bad smell. I remember his actual consult office was in dire need of paint, all these little things were quickly adding up to make me feel like I shouldn't have even bothered.

And, being a repair patient, I shouldn't have. There was nothing Dr. Alexander could do even if he wanted to. The only reason I comment is that if I had of been seriously considering a procedure with him, I no longer would have after that one and only visit.

The way you are treated, the condition of the facility, all these things end up giving you a feel about the doctor, and the feeling I got wasn't good.

I cannot, however, comment on his ability, as I'm unfamiliar with it. His online pics. of patient results look great, but alot of vets know that can be deceiving.

I for one am totally interested in hearing the rest of your story. I think this happens way more often in hair transplantation than we are led to believe. And your doctor is praised like crazy on other hair loss forums so your posts really make it all the more interesting. From what I gather from other people's postings on here, it seems that other hair loss forums are in total cohoots with the hair transplant doctors.

I’m interested in the story too, I just wish he would get to it already and stop all the drama. I’d also like to see pictures and even hear the doctors side. Until we see the pics it’s just hearsay. And yes you would have to be blind not to see that the other site is a hair transplant sales site. They sell hair loss products and offer FREE online consultations. How does any half way smart person not see it’s a sham? Now come on Mr. 4000, show us the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I’m interested in the story too, I just wish he would get to it already and stop all the drama. I’d also like to see pictures and even hear the doctors side. Until we see the pics it’s just hearsay. And yes you would have to be blind not to see that the other site is a hair transplant sales site. They sell hair loss products and offer FREE online consultations. How does any half way smart person not see it’s a sham? Now come on Mr. 4000, show us the pics!
    Give me a clue as to which site you're referring to. I had a look at one other site, the something network and the place was an absolute joke. Propaganda and bs. Hair transplants are awesome guys and you should all get them seemed to be the message from that site. Disgusting.

sorry for the delay, work and travel leaves little time and that is the main reason I could never write all of this in one sitting.

The HT experience

After we designed the hairline we talked about the amount of grafts. The crown was a no brainer that was the main concern from the start. I asked Dr. Alexander if he would have enough graft to add and lower the hairline and he said yes. SO I said lets do that as well, i never wanted to have to do this HT thing ever again.

We went the room next door. I sat down and tried to relax. I knew there was no turning back at this time. I sat down and the staff quickly start to prep me for this.

They started taping parts of my head and Dr. Alexander was examining my head for scalp tightness and thickness. He was telling me the different steps to the start of the surgery.

He says out loud that I am probably going to lose the rest of my hair on top for the first time while i'm taped up in the chair, not in consultation.

The first thing he does (which I wasn't aware he was doing) he started shaving my head.

I fly across the country looking for a doctor that does a NON SHAVE HT, and this clown shaves my head. Another lie. We just had a conversation 5 minutes ago in his office about NOT shaving my head. We spoke on the phone about this. We wrote in emails about this being a deal breaker.

Dr. Alexander doesn't listen to his patients and only cares about money.

I knew he had to shave the donor area, so on to the donor. He shoots me up with the local, and start cutting.

I am worried because I could feel the knife's pressure cutting but felt no pain.

I couldn't believe how low he was cutting, he was cutting below my skull in the soft tissue. I never thought an experienced surgeon would ever cut this low, so I never ask this very important question.

As he worked his way up the left side he was very close to my ear. I actually said something to him because I was shocked at the path he was taking. I never seen a patient or doctor recommend a cut this low in any blog or consultation.

The next step was where the official nightmare began. When he started to close the incision. He worked from left to right. The right side went very quickly. He worked his way down to the base of my skull and this is where things started to go wrong. He couldn't close the incision. He ran out of suture and the staff started to scramble for a different grade of suture.

Dr. Alexander was struggling to close his cut. I asked him what was taking so long? His response was he was just taking his time. I knew he was struggling because he almost cursed out loud. It was like he slipped with the knife. I heard him gasp and that is when I spoke up. It was not going smooth at all.

I only wish I turned on my tape recorder that I brought with me. I wanted to audio tape the procedure to have some protection because I flew out there alone and was preparing for the worst.

finally they were able to closed the incision which took way too long, was cut way too low and we could finally move to the punches for the grafts.

that will be next.............

Very poor preparation, poor skill, and poor communicator. I was very upset at this point, but was still hoping for the best.