Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

my early communication with Dr. Alexander was done through a rep named Nicole Johnson. She was a nice on the surface but lied on many occasions. My first impression was that she was not trying to sell my anything but was really promoting something she believed in. SHe was very easy to get in contact with, almost too easy. She responded immediately by email by phone. I had no problem with it at all, I though it was very professional.

In hindsight she told me many lies and maybe more lies then I think to this day. The biggest without a doubt was the promotion of Dr. ALexander being able to to do sessions that would require 4000 graft or better.

Dr. Alexander was quoted almost complaining at the end of my surgery saying that he can't believe that doctors would work this late into the evening on a daily basis. I felt like a burden when I left his office as they wrapped up the paper work at about 6 -6:30 ish.

Another lie which was a deal breaker was that she told me that Dr. ALexander didn't have to shave your head to do a HT. I turned down some great doctors that said they shaved. He stayed on my list because of the lie that Nicole Johnson stated.

Here are a couple emails from her to me:

[I]I will cover more with you tomorrow. in the meantime, I am holding the 22nd, with no obligation.

I would like to go in more detail of our procedure, and why it is truly superior over most. We can absolutely perform a 4000 graft procedure.

I will be in touch tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

Nicole

Nicole Johnson
    Patient Coordinator
    4444 North 32nd Street, Suite 230
    Phoenix, AZ 85018
    602-956-8800
    (personal cell phone # removed)

This is the classic pressure the client into a decision email looking back....

Dr. Alexander has another patient that would like July 22nd. I told him that you were definitely confirmed for the date, but I do need your deposit today. You are welcome to call or email me with the information. I can be reached at my home office number, which is (personal cell # removed). Sorry about the urgency of needing your deposit, but it is just office policy.I told Dr. Alexander that I was going to get it to him no later than 5:00.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Nicole

When I read through the 10 plus emails I saved and probably another 5-6 I deleted along the way it makes me a little ill. She claimed her husband had a HT done which could be true, and she also claimed her father was an HT doctor and that is how she got into the industry. I never met this person to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I was wrong about the bone marrow stem cells. I think I read that in another post somewhere. A quick google shows that what Dr. Fawzai does is in fact akin to what Aderans and Replicel are looking into.

http://www.stem-cells-news.com/1/tag...r-marwa-fawzi/

Stem cells are multiplied and cultured from a tiny piece of your own scalp. Sounds exactly like what Aderans and Replicel are doing except Dr. Fawzai has already done it in children with alopecia areata with success. Very interesting. I'd love to see this done on a repair patient pro bono. If nothing else Mr. 4000 you should look into this.
    It is interesting that Dr. Fawzi's treatment worked with remarkable results while as far as I know, Aderans's treatment really hasn't worked well at all. I wish Aderans would try and tap into the process that she's doing. Also, I wish that Ms. Fawzi's treatment would be available abroad. It's already done wonders for others (with no complications) and I think many people such as myself would jump at the chance to try it.

I spoke with dr. alexander on one occasion for a phone consultation. It was a very uncomfortable phone conversation because in the back of my mind I was contemplating this whole idea or at least questioning myself on what I was getting myself into.

He quoted me in the range of 3000-3500 graft which was actually good news because if he could do a 4000 graft session I should be in good hands. I was told by Nicole Johnson and Dr. Alexander both, that 4000 was possible. One pass was a priority because no matter what anyone tells you recovery from a HT takes forever.

I wanted to book with Dr. Wong, he was my top guy but he was booked and couldn't do unshaved (or wouldn't). Going to Canada was also a huge negative for me with all the security in airports at the time. I spoke with Mike from his office. I remember one thing Mike told me. He felt there is only one doctor in the States that has decent results by his standards and that was Ron Shapiro, he said the rest were not any good and were novice.

This worried me because this guy worked with the best and Shapiro wasn't able to do unshaved at that time. He certainly didn't kno of Dr. ALexander.

Dr. Alexander was pretty dry as far as personality but I didn't care about that, I cared about finding a doctor that could do a one pass, unshaved procedure and was extremely good. That was top priority in my search.

He not the type that would educate the patient on the process at all. I spoke with Matt from Shapiro and he spoke with me for 45 minutes telling me about Dr. Ron's philosophy and how he goes about getting the best look for his patients short and long term. Very nice person and really informative about there practice.

You don't get that from Dr. Alexander. He quoted me the graft count and simply asked if I had any questions and thats it. I just started asking questions because I wanted to get to know him a little better before I got off the phone. So I asked some generic questions.

One question I asked was the experience of his employees and it seems like the industry standard is tell the patient 4 years or more. Well that is exactly what he told me. That is exactly what Nicole Johnson emailed me.

I read every piece of information I possible could on every website I could find. I searched google countless times using different combinations to find any negative information on Dr. Alexander and the rest of the doctors I had in mind. There was nothing negative that I could find but there wasn't a ton of information out there on him either

The people that were hyping Dr. Alexander were on this forum and a couple other forums that I would read, which was a a reason I even found him in the first place.

After a lot of doubt I booked with him. I booked because he met my requirements at the time. A choice that I regret to this day. My HT was in 2009.

This was part of an email from Nicole johnson back in July of 2009:

Dr. Alexander does perform as much as 4000 or more grafts in a single session. Most of our cases average about 2500-3000 grafts. Do keep i n mind that some surgeons that are transplanting in the 4000+ range are splitting hairs. There =2 0is no reason that a surgeon should do this, as you end up with the same hair count, and save the patient money.

I cannot find ONE case where Dr. Alexander ever achieved a session of over 3400 grafts. If you can please let me know. So they both lied to me about that information, but this would be a nice payday for them regardless of the truth.

Next I will get into the actual HT procedure......

No offence, but why don’t you just write the whole story and post it? What’s with all the drama? You had a bad experience with your doctor, let everyone know about it and be done with it. I understand that you’re upset and I’m glad that we all now know, thanks to that douche from the hair transplant network who your doctor is, but what’s the point in dragging this thing out? Just post the facts. Telling us this person is a liar or that person did such and such is just hearsay. Tell us what happened to you and how you know it was the doctors fault. I don’t mean to be harsh but the way you are going about this is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    No offence, but why don’t you just write the whole story and post it? What’s with all the drama? You had a bad experience with your doctor, let everyone know about it and be done with it. I understand that you’re upset and I’m glad that we all now know, thanks to that douche from the hair transplant network who your doctor is, but what’s the point in dragging this thing out? Just post the facts. Telling us this person is a liar or that person did such and such is just hearsay. Tell us what happened to you and how you know it was the doctors fault. I don’t mean to be harsh but the way you are going about this is weird.
    First I hope that I am giving you evidence through posting the emails in these posts so that it is not hearsay. I will post information from my doctor and lawyer information as well. That is kinda the point.

This story is to educated, not on just went on in the chair, but the entire process.

I rather post it in smaller increments instead of just one long post, this allows me to tell all the details. I don't have time to tell this story in one sitting.

There are too many facts and I want those that are considering this invasive procedure to know exactly want they are getting themselves into.

I have spoken to tons of patients and consultants through email and it is amazing how in many cases they have felt the same way as I did.

I feel bad that you did not get the results you had hoped for
    And I understand how vulnerable we are as we start losing our hair and sometimes we are not thinkg rationally
    Seems from your story that you may have had several red flags but because you thought the HT would work out you still went through with it .
    I hope whatever you do goign forward works out
    So far this story is good example for others .
    If there are any doubts , postpone

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    I feel bad that you did not get the results you had hoped for
    And I understand how vulnerable we are as we start losing our hair and sometimes we are not thinkg rationally
    Seems from your story that you may have had several red flags but because you thought the HT would work out you still went through with it .
    I hope whatever you do goign forward works out
    So far this story is good example for others .
    If there are any doubts , postpone
    it is amazing, when you make up your mind you don't even see the red flags or you ignore them. Some I ignored and others I didn't see. I didn't want to turn back. It took a lot to line up for me to make a decision like this, turning back at that time would have meant I would have never scheduled a HT.

More red flags to come...

I finally got to Pheonix with many bumps in the road, I had a plane go down and my flight was canceled, I was in the airport for 8 hours before they pulled the flight and I had to drive home, this was for a July 22nd date. I was on the phone with Dr. alexander from the airport telling him the situation and that I wouldn't be able to make it. This was a sign without a doubt not to go through with this, I drove home and thought about it and rescheduled, the day of my second flight it rained like hell I drove to the airport in a downpour, another sign not to go out there. just some added drama to add to everything else.

anyway, I finally made out there and thought that I would meet the sales rep or someone to start going over some of the details of the surgery, when I asked I was told that they don't do that just show up at 7am at the office to prep. This was a another thing I really didn't understand based on what other doctors do. I am coming from across the country and they don't even want to plan anything?

I wake up from my hotel and taxi to the office in the morning. Right on time and there is only one person in the office at that time. I was saying to myself what the blank is going on here. I am spending a ton of money flew across the country and the doctor wants me to be here so we can get started right away and he strolls in 25 minutes late, walks right passed me and barely says hello or greets me as he walks in a very small office lobby. I should have walked out at that moment. What am I dealing with here?

I signed a waiver while waiting for him to show up, that includes all the warning signs that would protect a doctor from any liability like every company in the US does. They can screw up and you have no rights. It included nerve damage, results varying, scarring, the usual. It did not protect him from personal injury.

Soooo, now I get called back to meet Dr. ALexander for the first time in his office in the back of the place. We are running 35 minutes late at this point. It was awkward to say the least. I don't know if he was embarrassed for being late or just didn't even know who was scheduled. He asked me, ok what are we doing for you today. I was thinking, Dr. Alexander do you even know my name, or look at the pictures I sent for the consultation? Is this a barber shop? am I really on your schedule? do you have a schedule?

I broke many important surgery rules. I was told NEVER schedule anything on a monday, doctors are human and party and travel on the weekends and sometimes come in unprepared on Mondays, this was true of this Monday. This advise was given to me by a wife of a doctor. Dr. Alexander had no clue who I was or even planned for my procedure, it was obvious.

I had to remind him of everything we discussed and he started to draw the lines for the hairline and the crown. We had a subtle disagreement on the placement of the hairline especially on the left side. and after a compromise we finally agreed to lower the hairline and fill in the crown.

Ok, crown was the top priority and anything left was going into the hairline to lower it. Hairline was not a priority, I was fine with my hairline even though it was receding a little.

Finally I started to become a little relaxed because with all the BS to this point behind me, I was really looking past it all realizing that the result is all that matters and I was hoping looking at the pre-op lines that things may turnout for the best in the end.

next will be the trip to the room next door for the procedure......

Dr. Alexander feel free to join in at anytime, I have nothing to hide.

I didn't take the deal you offered me so I could tell this story, I refuse to be bought, and the money you offered me and the gag order drafted by your lawyer was not going to fix anything for me. Thats why I left it on the table. That money didn't mean a damn thing to me. Money isn't going to fix my neck or scalp.

Hats off to you for getting my blog kicked off that fraud site, Taking the Plunge really likes you. I don't know why after you screwed up his first procedure. You are lucky he took your deal and it worked out for you that he started working for that site. Good move Doc.

I wonder how many people you buy off to silence the patients you screw up.

I didn't sign the papers and I didn't take the money like you thought I would.

I will type that agreement in this thread as well, in the end.

Mr. 4000 it’s amazing how even when the red flags are staring us right in the face we tend to rationalize in our own mind and dismiss them. Tell your story the way you want to tell it and don’t be dissuaded by others that feel the need to comment on your style. They can simply pass on reading your thread if it’s such a big deal for them. But the fact that they don’t pass up your thread but feel the need to make a negative comment on the style is a red flag that forum readers need to pay attention to when reading posts.