+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this too much hair loss?

When I comb my hair, I lose anywhere between 0-10 hairs.

Most of the times it's around 4, but sometimes it can be 0 hairs.

And obviously, there is the times where I lose 7+.

I'm not sure if Im balding, but does this sound normal?

You have to be more specific.

Like, you comb your hair ONCE a day and lose 10 hairs or is it EVERY time you comb it, be it 2,3,10,20 times a day you lose that much?

In case A, shut up and get out of the forum, you are FINE. In case B, panic.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    You have to be more specific.

Like, you comb your hair ONCE a day and lose 10 hairs or is it EVERY time you comb it, be it 2,3,10,20 times a day you lose that much?

In case A, shut up and get out of the forum, you are FINE. In case B, panic.
    I comb my hair once, and I lose 0-10

I comb it a second time, I lose 0-2, most of the time 0, and when I do lose 1 or 2, it's usually hairs that broke off (they're like 3 mm long hairs, and I have like 2 inch long hair...) So I guess I'm fine?

Precisely. You're not even shedding that much at all for a normal person. Happy werewolf life, you lucky bastard

Quote Originally Posted by worried2568 View Post
    I comb my hair once, and I lose 0-10

I comb it a second time, I lose 0-2, most of the time 0, and when I do lose 1 or 2, it's usually hairs that broke off (they're like 3 mm long hairs, and I have like 2 inch long hair...) So I guess I'm fine?
    I also need to be bitten by a werewolf

AgainstThis asked the crucial question. I'm curious about the broken off hairs though. Is the comb snagging the hairs and breaking them? I'm asking this because of the possibility that those shorter hairs are miniaturized hairs.

Follicles affected by male pattern baldness will often produce thinner, shorter hairs before they stop producing any at all.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Well the small hairs that i think break off is because they dont have the root at the end of them, and because one time, i was tugging my hair to see how strong it was, and i grabbed a large piece, and that large piece didnt come off. Instead, a small piece did.
    Lets say these were minitiarizing hairs. Would they have the root at the end of them?

Oh and i have a question. For normally shed hairs, are they always long hair peices? Meaning that:
    My hair is about 2 inches right now. Is it okay if some of the hairs I lose are an inch? Or is that minaiturization? I remember ever since I was 12, the hairs I lose would sometimes be an inch, (always had 2 inch hair).

Obviously I lose the full 2 inch hairs. For example, when i run my hands through my hair like 6 times. Id finally get a hair, and its always large. When I comb my hair the first time in a day, the pieces the fall out are large (90% of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    AgainstThis asked the crucial question. I'm curious about the broken off hairs though. Is the comb snagging the hairs and breaking them? I'm asking this because of the possibility that those shorter hairs are miniaturized hairs.

Follicles affected by male pattern baldness will often produce thinner, shorter hairs before they stop producing any at all.
    Oh, and I have another question.

I'm losing hairs from everywhere on my head... Not just the top, but back and sides. It's not too much though.

I heard if you have this symptom, then chances are it's not MPB, but it's TE or something like that. What do you think? I'm 15 by the way.