X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teehee
    • Aug 2011

Same old thread as always

Hello all,

Basically the same old story as before. I'm 21 years old, and am definitely experiencing mpb. I've essentially known I would be screwed eventually because my mother has thinning hair, but I wasn't expecting it at such a young age.

I had tried propecia/nizoral, and had results, but unfortunately I had experienced some side effects. But no worries, they have all since disappeared. I had also used equate minodoxil 5% shortly after ending my propecia regimen, but I experienced a large amount of flaking and bad scalp itch, so I also discontinued that.

From the images attached, I was just curious as to how long people would probably estimate that will last, or if I should just suck it up and go for the shaved/buzzed look (which is a big jump considering I have always been someone known for having a mop of hair, and the lady seems to prefer me having my hair how it is, hah)

And, I was also just curious if using rogaine foam would reduce the experience of flakiness/itchiness ? Being a poor college student, I don't just wanna invest in the $50 price tag or whatever it is.

I wouldn't say I'm depressed over the entire situation, as I've have seen some people legitimately depressed over their hair loss. However, I am conscious of it, and will more than often wear a hat when I go out. I'm basically the only one of my friends experience mph to this degree, and I would say it's more frustrating than anything

Thanks for any advice!
    Attached Files
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Don't become a prisoner to the hat. I definitely find the foam less itchy but hard to say if the stuff does anything. I really don't think it does much but I use it in the hope that it slows this crap down at least.

Comment

Working...