+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stem cells

Default stem cells

Hi, im 19 years old and have lost everything ontop of my head, I think this is due to excessive smoking since i was 13, obviously this is affecting my life and i want to do something about it but i cant afford any treatments not even regaine, i saw this video on youtube about stemcells though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVngLWGMKcI

I was hoping by the time im 30 i will have saved enough money to get treatment (planning to try put away more than $1000 a year for treatment) Ive done alot of research and stemcells seem to be the most promising, I just wanted to share this link and see what other people think about it? if there is no cure my life is over.

lol recoverup is bullshit.

There is no cure for hair loss. And thats that.

I agree that Recoverup is probably b.s., but I think that the issue of replacing faulty stem cells with functioning ones is very interesting. I remember the issues bone marrow stem cells being brought up; where these bone marrow stem cells would be extracted and then injected into thinning/balding areas. I remember Dr. Hitizig and Dr. DeYarman were thinking of doing this. Although this might be a bit expensive, I wouldn't care. The only reason I don't spend a lot of money on hair restoration is because there are no effective options available. And who knows, this bone marrow stem cell procedure has the potential to be effective and it won't leave the head scarring that we all dread.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    lol recoverup is bullshit.

There is no cure for hair loss. And thats that.
    insensitive much ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupi View Post
    insensitive much ?
    Yeah no kidding. So FML, you are somewhat correct in that there are legit companies working on various methods involving our own cells, they claim there will be something worthwhile in 5 years. 19 is pretty young though, have you checked with a doctor to make sure it's not a immune system response or some other thing that isn't genetic mpb?

yeah it is a horse shoe and the doctor said theres nothing i could do about it, he was a prick, he recommended finasteride but when i took that i lost alot of muscle and yea it didnt affect me to well, im always wearing beanies now and i plan to for the next 10years until i get the cure, i still cant beleive theres no cure yet? all these websites seem so promising when you look at the before and after pics, you would think MPB would be an easy thing to cure..

Get on dutasteride and spiro.

I don't understand your motives. You warn men not to take Propecia - but advise men to take Spironolactone. That does not make any sense. You are causing harm.

Quote Originally Posted by FML1990 View Post
    yeah it is a horse shoe and the doctor said theres nothing i could do about it, he was a prick, he recommended finasteride but when i took that i lost alot of muscle and yea it didnt affect me to well, im always wearing beanies now and i plan to for the next 10years until i get the cure, i still cant beleive theres no cure yet? all these websites seem so promising when you look at the before and after pics, you would think MPB would be an easy thing to cure..
    Don't wear the beanies man. I think it's better to blade or shave it right down or even just rock the horseshoe. It would be awful to become a prisoner to the hats. A friend of mine has resorted to this. Too bad some drunk idiot yanked it off his head and pointed and laughed. Actually about 5 of them laughed including one of their fathers who is like 55 but with a full head of hair. They really have no clue. ****in' dickheads. It's awful. I really felt for him. I'm still in the early stages of hairloss so I have some ok coverage with a V in the hairline which is about to turn into an island but I'm not going to wear hats.