+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default mega tek and regenupure

So how are those working out? Is it something that helps to hold in moisture too?

hi mal i think they help with male pattern loss but will not regrow hair,i also see that nisim has a L Sulphate free shampoo now.

Hi guys

This is a long first post. Apologies.

I'm not going to enter the debate re: does this product work/is it a scam? because I honestly don't know.

Just wanted to add a few comments that you may (or may not) find helpful.

From what I've read on the internet Ovation Cell Therapy is the same (or very similar to) Megatek Rebuilder. The same company is involved. I've read plenty of reviews about both and the feedback seems to be the products are virtually the same or even identical - but Ovation Cell Therapy is A LOT more expensive - probably because it's marketed for the human market whereas Mega tek is... well for horses and pets. Unfortunately I can't confirm whether these claims are true or not because I don't have the ingredients for Ovation Cell Therapy since I've never used it.

Secondly, and this is in response to the earlier posts in this thread commenting on the amount of hairloss experienced, apparently this is normal. Scary and a real bloody bummer, but normal nonetheless. Probably partly because it's a high protein content product and protein overload can cause hair breakage. Also if it does in fact accelerate hair growth then would it make sense that hair is going to go through an acelerated shedding phase too? I don't know. I'm no hair expert.

Anyway. Whatever the cause of the increased hair loss, to counteract it, many people have taken garlic pills with (it seems) much success. So I just wanted to pass that on in case it helped anyone here. Also don't forget to use a moisturising conditioner afterwards to counteract the high protein.

My background? I have just started using Mega Tek (only a couple of weeks). I don't know whether it works. My hair feels and looks thicker but that could be my imagination. I'm using it for thinning hair. My hair has always been very thick but over the last year it's become a lot thinner. I also lose a lot of hair generally but previously it didn't make much difference to the thickness. Now it's kind of see through in places (not a good look).

Oh and by the way, I don't work for Mega Tek/Ovation Cell Therapy/EQuiss or any other hair product company.

Here are the ingredients for the Mega Tek Equine Rebuilder as shown on my bottle:

Deionized water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerol Stearate, Ceterearyl Alcohol (Derived from Palm Oil), Castor Oil, Ethoxylate(40), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Hydrolized Keratin Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

A lot of virtual hisses and boos I hear from you all!

Could anyone who has the Ovation Cell Therapy please post the ingredients shown on the label? I'm really curious to know whether the two are in fact the same product in different packaging.

I heard a radio advertisement for Ovation and it got me looking into it. I'm 28, and have rapidly thinning hair. I'm sad to see that everyone thinks it is a scam. I was hoping it would be worth buying. I mean even at $75 for a set of stuff for men seems like it's worth a try. Especially for me because my hair is buzzed short(1/4 inch), I only buy one thing of shampoo every 6-9 months. The last thing I want is to have my hair fall out though. I've tried Rogaine, but i found that it didn't help at all. Anyone have any suggestions on what has "worked" for you?

@Karmac
    Found this at
    http://hairnerdery.wordpress.com/200...nicals-so-far/

In Ovation Color Intesifying Shampoo:
    *Deionized Water *Sodium Laureth Sulfate (derived from Castor Beans) *Cocamidopropyl Betaine *Glycol Distearate (From Palm Oil and) Steareth 4 *Palmitamidopropyitrimonium (OMG) Chloride (from palm oil) *Cocamide DEA (Castor Beans) *Lavender Extract *Saw Palmetto Extract *Glycosaminoglycans *Aloe Vera Barbadnsis *Clove Extract *Thyme Extract *Sodium PCA *Acetamide MEA *PEG-75 Lanolin *Allantoin *Polyquaterium 10 *Citric Acid *Metaylparaben *DMDM Hydantoin *Tetrasoium EDTA *Salt *D&C Blue#1 *Fragrance

In Ovation Cell Therapy Conditioner:
    *Deionized Water *Stearalkonium Chloride *Glyceryl Stearate *Cetearyl Alcohol *PEG-40 Castor Oil Pantheol *Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein *Cetrimonium Chloride *Tocopheryl Acetate *DMDM Hydantoin *Methylparaben propylparaben *Tetrasodium EDTA *Fragrance.

In Ovation Creme Rinse Conditioner:
    *Deionized Wther *Behentrimonium Methosulfate *Cetearyl Alcohol *Cetyl Alcohol *Cetrumonium Chloride *Aloe Vera Barbadensis *Sodium PCA *Hydroxyethylcellulose *C-13/C-14 Isoparaffin *Trideceth-3 *Trideceth-6 *Dimethicone *Propylparaben *DMDM Hydantoin *Fragrance

Default Crooner

I have bought Ovation hair a month ago and I just found this website today and registered. I'm on this hair system for almost 2 weeks now and I noticed that my thinning hair is even faster. Nothing is falling out but the rapid thinning is noticeable. (I have thinning hair on the crown). It's even thinning my hair on the front above my forehead. It wasn't thinning before using this product. I used to tilt my head down in front of the mirror to look which part is thinning in front of the mirror before using this product. Now, I don't need to tilt my head to check it, I can now see through the my hair above my forehead, the part that didn't need help bec. it wasn't thinning. I can see more of my scalp now on top of my head. My scalp is also starting to feel itchy and irritated. I think this product is doing just the reverse of what they promised. I'm seriously thinking of returning Ovation hair and get my money back. Anyone else having the same experience with this product?

With the exception of 1 product ( the cream which contains amino acids ) the rest of the products protect and treat damaged hair. seems, this is not for hair regrowth
    There are other alternatives , homemade masks and exercises
    i've had success with MG method - regrown some hair at the forehead and slowed greatly the bald spot on the top of the head

the mega tek regrows horse hair?

Default ovation cell therapy

I have been using Ovation Cell therapy for about 9 months now. I really like what it has done for my hair. I had thin limp hair had to wash it every day so that it had some life to it. After using Ovation my hair looked and felt much healthier. I have less hair loss and breakage and I am able to wear my hair at a longer length than ever before. I also only have to wash it 2 times a week as there is more body to my hair now. I dont know that my hair grows any faster but what I do know is that its at the longest its ever been. I have recommended it to a few of my friends they are also having the same results.

Too much insulting on this thread for me to take any of you seriously. Thanks for the non-help guys. I need ANSWERS without the bitterness and sarcasm.

If people would stop feeding the snake oil salesmen maybe it would get better. Is it that hard to assume everything with MPB is a scam until they prove otherwise? The big 3 exists because otherwise 98 percent of everything else is just a scam or pseudo science and MPB is a great disease to scam people on because nothing works well and it takes tons of time to see results. There must be 300 MPB treatments with saw palmetto in them and none of them work so stop buying them