+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up I did my transplant at Dr. Glenn Charles in Boca Raton, Florida

Last Friday I did my surgery at Dr. Glenn Charles practice on Glades Rd, Boca Raton. Maybe Iīm not the typical hair transplant patient because I still have most of my hair left but hair line is beginning to climb backward. Iīm only 44 years old so my wife and I thought the result probably will be better if I did the surgery before everybody else start noticing it.
    During the consultation I was told that I should expect my lost hairline to need 1500 to 1800 grafts to get back in shape which was great news because the total price is based on the number of grafts and this made my investment about half of what I first thought it would cost with other methods. Then I asked about the density. Why not put more hair in while we are in the chair. The answer was that we can but the chances of survival of the grafts is much higher if we don’t put them to dense. Some doctors are putting twice the amount of hair in the same area and at the end of the day 40% doesnīt make it. It will be much better result and lower cost if you donīt stretch it. I mean you are paying for the grafts and the procedure is like going to the dentist so if you need more hair itīs better to invest in a second procedure to fill the areas where you like to have even more hair.
    I was also told that the only uncomfortable part of the procedure was the 10 minutes while they are putting anesthesia in the donor area and in the hairline. This is by the way true. This was done by two nurses at the same time and it hurts like somebody is pinching you really bad. I still could drink some juice while it was done and pick out the movie from the menu I wanted to watch without screaming so it canīt be too bad. Besides that I have felt no pain what so ever, not during the procedure or after, not even when sleeping on the donor scar in the back or from the hair line in front. Today itīs Monday and since Friday, no blood on any pillow or from my hairline. Yesterday I showered for the first time using shampoo. Today I can see some swelling which is perfectly normal but makes my face look a little like I have been boxing and not doing to great. Dr. Charles told me this will go away in a couple of days. What more can I say. Besides spending 5-6 hours in that chair, getting taken care of by a wonderful staff, watching two movies and getting a fantastic BLT sandwich for lunch, this was nothing at all to worry about, no worse than going to the dentist and I will do it again if I need more hair when I can see the real result.