+ Reply to Thread

Smile Minox does work on frontal balding...slowly.

Hi,

Started losing my hair when I was 22. Used Nioxin relatively successfully to slow down balding process somewhat until the beginning of this year when I realized it was a losing battle and I had to change with the situation. Read through this website extensively and decided to go on the following:

5% Minoxidil twice daily. (generic)
    Nizshampoo once every 3 days. (generic)
    Nioxin scalp renew once a month.

I've been doing it for 3 months straight and I've achieved some decent results so far.

Here are the links...

Month 1
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...nemonthtop.jpg
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...monthfront.jpg

Month 2
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...omonthstop.jpg
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...onthsfront.jpg

Month 3
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...emonthstop.jpg
    http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...onthsfront.jpg

I'm pretty stoked and considering this is only 3 months in, I'm hopeful I can be one of that "15%" that regrew most hair within that trail period.

One oddity is that I actually have had regrowth on my frontal hairline; a few dozen hairs every month extra, not to mention the peach fuzz that's starting to get longer every month. Hopefully those will turn to the dark side very soon. So hopefully this will act as proof that Minox does in fact work on the frontal area...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm 28 and up until the last pic I haven't used any oral medicine. I have however added saw palmetto to the mix since yesterday

I have to ask though - am I going to see a shed like with the minox?
    Last edited by melwou7245; 08-28-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typo...

How long did your minox shed last? I'm a month into 5 percent foam, and am still experiencing a crazy shed!

Quote Originally Posted by sch89 View Post
    How long did your minox shed last? I'm a month into 5 percent foam, and am still experiencing a crazy shed!
    My shed started two weeks in and lasted about 4 agonizing weeks. The stop was actually quite sudden - I just noticed one morning while applying my minoxidil that the loose hairs that usually ended up in my hands when I rubbed my scalp went from like twenty every time to only one or two. From there it started to grow back quite quickly.

At the end of the second month my hair was much thicker than it ever was before; can't remember if it was ever this thick. Since I cut it short I noticed the filling in much easier.

I do suffer from two side-effects though - My hair color is changing from a light brown to a very dark brown; so much so that my family's noticed it. Secondly, the other hair on my body's having an even better run the hair on my scalp, though I suppose I'd rather have a trip to the wax station than the plastic surgeon.

Thanks for the info, I hope that my shedding stops along the same lines as other peoples!

Great progress!

Been on it 5 weeks now, not noticed anything yet. Just using on my hairline.
    Very little shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Walker View Post
    Great progress!

Been on it 5 weeks now, not noticed anything yet. Just using on my hairline.
    Very little shedding.
    Same here. Using it exclusively in the temples for about 5.5 weeks. No apparent progress yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DontKnowWhatToDo View Post
    Same here. Using it exclusively in the temples for about 5.5 weeks. No apparent progress yet.
    Guys, you shouldn't be expecting anything this early. I've only started seeing a little bit of results at 3 months. The only thing I can say for certain is that the peach fuzz will look like gray hairs when they start popping up, only blonde. My temples are filling in quite nicely - If I'm lucky I might get back 1-1.5cm of hairline back at the front, but the hairs are all thin and blonde and even though they're growing longer, they're still not visible in the normal light.

Just to be certain, what other treatments are you taking with Minox? If you can add Nizshampoo with the mix every 3 days, it can only help. One thing I'm also becoming a firm believer in is Nioxin scalp renew. It's supposed to clean out your pores on your head. Might not change the hairloss, but I'm sure the Minox absorbs better. Neither of these two products cost more than a few dollars and they last you for at least a few months.