+ Reply to Thread

Default Is shedding very early a bad sign?

I've been taking finasteride for a little over 2 months now and have been doing nothing but shedding, which I know can happen. Only, I started shedding as early as 4 days into beginning finasteride. After 4 days it was like bam! and the shedding began and within a month it seemed noticeable to me. It is still continuing and hasn't seemed to slow at all. Does the fact that the shedding started soooo early after taking fin mean something other than just a regular shed? Also, its not just thin terminal looking hairs that fall out, it seems darker thicker hairs are shedding also. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks

What dosage are you taking?

I started 2 weeks back with 0.5mg.

I don't see any shedding? I see about 10 hairs while in bath and 1 or 2 while coming....nothing noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    I've been taking finasteride for a little over 2 months now and have been doing nothing but shedding, which I know can happen. Only, I started shedding as early as 4 days into beginning finasteride. After 4 days it was like bam! and the shedding began and within a month it seemed noticeable to me. It is still continuing and hasn't seemed to slow at all. Does the fact that the shedding started soooo early after taking fin mean something other than just a regular shed? Also, its not just thin terminal looking hairs that fall out, it seems darker thicker hairs are shedding also. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Dude, don't panic. My shedding kicked in two weeks into the process and within 4 weeks after that almost my entire crown fell out. There's a reason why they keep on harping about the shedding phase being traumatic for some of us. Give it another 4 months from when the shed initially started to see if you start seeing new hairs coming in. Just take solace in the fact that the shedding is actually a very good sign - all my hair I lost has started to grow back better than ever.

One thing I can say about the shed is that it'll stop just as suddenly as it started. You'll just notice one day that the hairs in the wash basin are like a tenth of what they were.

Shedding on Mede is normal - don't panic

Ride it out

I posted a topic on it with solid info possibly run a search " shedding on meds"

Best
    S
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

thanks for all the comments, I guess i kinda figured it was some what normal, its just very discouraging when you start a hairloss medication only to see more shed hair. Im also kinda freaking out cause Im going back to college in a few weeks and fear people will notice that my hair, which only last year was pretty thick, is a lot thinner. I appreciate the comments and I've posted a link to the page I think spex was referring to for anyone else who might find this thread

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/i...topic=1294&hl=

Quote Originally Posted by lucrio View Post
    thanks for all the comments, I guess i kinda figured it was some what normal, its just very discouraging when you start a hairloss medication only to see more shed hair. Im also kinda freaking out cause Im going back to college in a few weeks and fear people will notice that my hair, which only last year was pretty thick, is a lot thinner. I appreciate the comments and I've posted a link to the page I think spex was referring to for anyone else who might find this thread

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/i...topic=1294&hl=
    Hey I'm in the same boat as you. I just got back to school a couple days ago, and when I left a few months ago I had no noticeable hair loss. Look at the topic I just created to see pictures of what it looks like now. I've been wearing hats when I go out, but am just keeping a positive attitude and not acting any different than I have in the past! I'm determined that even if the treatments that I have started don't work, not to let my hairloss ruin my confidence and sense of humor!