+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

@UK - I didn't suggest that the guys with shaved/buzzed heads aren't bothered by their hair loss, just like I know overweight people (of which I was once) are bothered by their appearance on some level, or short men for that matter. But to suggest that your youth has been stolen from you, or you shouldn't leave your house is ridiculous. True, I don't know exactly how hair loss has affected those guys, but I do know it hasn't affected them enough to keep them indoors or have a doctor slice up their scalp.

You should be glad most people don't view hairloss as a serious illness. The less other people care about hairloss the better. Why? Because it's an aesethetic issue. If people didn't care at all I'd let my hair poof out on the sides and not give a damn at all. You should be grateful that now more than any other time in human history it's more acceptable to be bald. How do I know this? Because amazingly there is a significant number of men who actually choose to shave their heads even thought they have a full head of hair.

Listen, I really do hope the best for you because I believe you when you say you're suffering and since I'm here I have to admit that hairloss has bothered me to a degree as well, but I want to offer you a thought that I think you should take seriously: When you're on your deathbed or reach middle age, do you really want to say to yourself "I allowed life to pass me by because I lost my hair."? Can you imagine how shitty it would feel to have that thought? Don't let your appearance hold you back. I speak from experience. I used to be fat and because of that, didn't ask out girls or go to parties. And even after I lost the weight I felt THE SAME about myself. It wasn't my weight holding me back, it was me. I was doing it to myself. I think I've explained my feelings on this as best I can, but here's a video that may sum it up better. See if you think this guy handled his unusual physical appearance well -

http://www.kyle-maynard.com/

or see if you think being bald has held this guy back:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...2011/matt-long

Man, I couldn't disagree more than baldness/hair loss is simply a 'cosmetic disability' or some aesthetic condition. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hell, one of the main points of this website is to bring awareness to the fact that hair loss is a "disease of the spirit" and a "serious, life-altering condition" (as Spencer so accurately puts it) and it affects so many people in many negative ways. If hair loss was just simply some cosmetic disability then websites like this wouldn't exist to help people who suffer with the physical and emotional effects of hair loss. When you start to lose your hair (especially when you are young), it feels like your youth is being taken away from you because most young people do not lose their hair. It is so far from the truth that it is ridiculous to say that people who let hair loss negatively affect their lives are 'self-inflicting' pain upon themselves. No one wants to inflict pain upon themselves, but when a large part of your identity is taken away from you, then you can't help but feel pain and anguish. To many young people (and most people in general), a person's looks are much more important than just about anything else. And when you lose your hair, a large part of your good looks are being taken away from you, and your physical appearance is significantly altered. Many people feel that hair loss is a loss of identity since their hair contributed a great deal to who they were as a person.
    I think a lot of people who have very, very minimal hair loss tend to minimize our disease. And people who still have a full head of hair definitely minimize this hair loss curse that we have. Hell, I did it myself when I had a full head of hair. My friend has worn a cap ever since I've known him because of his extensive hair loss. When I had a full head of hair, I used to tell him to take off his cap, shave his head, grow a goatee, and look like a bad-ass. But he told me that it would never work for him. Now that I'm losing my hair, I totally understand his perspective. The whole "walk a mile in my shoes" analogy applies here. If you haven't experienced significant hair loss, then you really don't have any perspective into the disastrous effects of hair loss.
    Bronson, I empathize with you since I can see the degree of hair loss that you're experiencing, and I hear what your saying with regards to not being held back by hair loss. The problem is that for many people, a life without hair is just not worth living at all; I call it a lesser version of living.

Is there anything new on this yet?

this certainly seems like things are moving in the right direction!

Any news on this, or if there is anyone who is doing hairmultiplication now? Or within the next year?