+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    It's not available yet. I think they said it's about 5 years off. Certainly don't go for another FUT if you need to conserve donor. You might consider HST or hold off for Aderans, Histogen, Replicel or Follica coming up with something. There will be something better sooner or later.
    Where did it say "5 years" ? There's nothing in the video about a time, unless it's mentioned on a website or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    It's not available yet. I think they said it's about 5 years off. Certainly don't go for another FUT if you need to conserve donor. You might consider HST or hold off for Aderans, Histogen, Replicel or Follica coming up with something. There will be something better sooner or later.

I'm afraid something better won't come until later, much much later if at all. What if this keeps dragging on and on and on like it has been for the past 20 years ? It's always "in the future" or "in the next 5-10 years"... I know getting another HT isn't the best in my case but losing more hairs in my hairline has turned my life into a living hell for the past 5 or 6 months and it's affecting me mentally big time. I'm thinking about FUE but what's scaring me is the lower survival rate of the hair. From what the doctor tells me it's much lower than an FUT. I don't need a big HT. I'm thinking maybe a few 100 grafts just to get me going again. **** this hell.

I usually sympathize with my fellow hair loss victims but calling your thinning hairline a living hell is far more tragic and pathetic than anything else.

As far as scientific progress goes you'd be wise to realize that nothing will always be 3 to 5 years away. Sooner or later science catches up to hope, and never before has it been as close as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    I'm afraid something better won't come until later, much much later if at all. What if this keeps dragging on and on and on like it has been for the past 20 years ? It's always "in the future" or "in the next 5-10 years"... I know getting another HT isn't the best in my case but losing more hairs in my hairline has turned my life into a living hell for the past 5 or 6 months and it's affecting me mentally big time. I'm thinking about FUE but what's scaring me is the lower survival rate of the hair. From what the doctor tells me it's much lower than an FUT. I don't need a big HT. I'm thinking maybe a few 100 grafts just to get me going again. **** this hell.
    If it's only a few hundred you might look into FUE or HST to tide you over. I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    I usually sympathize with my fellow hair loss victims but calling your thinning hairline a living hell is far more tragic and pathetic than anything else.

As far as scientific progress goes you'd be wise to realize that nothing will always be 3 to 5 years away. Sooner or later science catches up to hope, and never before has it been as close as it is now.
    In fairness Jundam we're not talking about normal hairline recession or thinning. VictimofDHT has had multiple HTs and each time he has had some physiological problem where he has lost transplanted hair. I can only imagine how devastating that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Pah! RUBBISH! -

Oh come on, it's a thinning hairline referred to as a living hell.
    Modern days breed modern problems and everybody has to bitch about something but get some ****ing perspective.

IMO a living hell is a fitting description for something that changes your life, keeps you inside all day and alters your confidence in such a way that you're pronounced clinically depressed - can no form of depression be classed as a living hell? Hair loss has totally changed me, I will never be able to get these years back and a living hell is a pretty accurate description of of what I've been through with this horrid disorder.

Clinical depression can indeed be referred to as a living hell. I was not arguing against the severity of a mental disorder.

Have you actually been diagnosed with clinical depression?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    IMO a living hell is a fitting description for something that changes your life, keeps you inside all day and alters your confidence in such a way that you're pronounced clinically depressed - can no form of depression be classed as a living hell? Hair loss has totally changed me, I will never be able to get these years back and a living hell is a pretty accurate description of of what I've been through with this horrid disorder.
    I don't know if you've noticed but if you go to a sporting event or shopping center you'll find plenty of guys with shaved or buzzed heads who wouldn't describe their existence as a living hell. Your hair isn't the problem, your perspective is. Something tells me if you weren't losing your hair you'd be depressed about something else. I'm not saying the guys who shave their heads wouldn't want their hair back, but what's the difference between them living their lives and you staying inside all day? It obviously isn't the hair.