Threaded View

Matt,

I'm not intimidated to register with ANY site. My point is why would I if there's so little there that addresses MY issues. How can and I be my own advocate and research options , when there is so very little information specific to my situation.

If I don't see pictures of females, I assume it's not an interest, specialization, etc. I'm told women's hair loss pattern is very different than men. Can you understand that I'm looking for examples of doctors who are equally skilled with female pattern baldness? Just telling me that if a surgeon can do well with men he can get good results with women doesn't put my mind at ease.

I agree that losing your hair is such a personal matter that only a small percentage of people want their photo posted. But come on, I go through pages and pages and pages of men and will MAYBE get 5 examples of women. It's a shame, because I think more women go to hair pieces than find a more permanent solution.

I tell you what, I've been researching this for almost two years now and in the beginning, I thought I would NEVER EVER put my photo out there. It's so embarrassing. So personal. But after so much research, I don't feel the same. I'm not responsible for my hair loss and have done everything I can think of (5 doctors so far) to stabilize and prevent further loss. Why should I be ashamed. It's tough luck and unlucky roll of the dice. When I find the appropriate doctor for me (and trust me...I WILL ) I pledge to have the process documented for the benefit of all.

My wish is that women did not feel so alone in this mission.