+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Give it to me straight

Hello everybody,

Well this is quite an ironic situation. I am 25 and have been shaving my head since I was 14 because at the time, I simply felt like it. I finally decided that after a decade of shaving, it was time to see what I would like with hair. Of course, I find out that I am thinning.

Here's the deal. It's messing with my confidence a lot to always be checking myself in the mirror, yadda yadda you guys are all too familiar with this. Obviously I am used to shaving my head, but I was tired of looking so pale, like a ghost so to speak! I am not interested in getting a tan either, too unhealthy. I know that many people experiencing hairloss are also ready to take products but I do not want to have to deal with them for health and money reasons.

The reason I am posting this is because I want you guys to be honest with me and tell me if I'm basically screwed (in the years to come). Is it possible for me to grow my hair long enough to hide most of this thinning? If not, I'll just go back to shaving... Still annoys me a bit because the women that I know (younger, I am back in school) seem to favor hair, oh well.

Here are some pics:

Last two pics to give you an idea of how I look shaved and with hair at a perfectly angle. It would seem that my hair looks fine on that last shot but it's only because of the angle/light. This stuff makes me so insecure and I just want to liberate myself from it for once and for all. Some people say it ain't that bad, but the thing is I do not want to get attached to it if it's going to get much worse in the future.

What do you guys think? Should I wait a few months or just burrrrrn it all?

Well, if you don't want to take medications then what other options do you have other than shaving ? It's only going to get worse, man. Either take something or kiss it good bye.

Haha well, you're right and that's probably where my denial is showing a bit... I was hoping that it wasn't that bad, perhaps normal for the hair length but really wanted to hear objective comments.

If this looks like a typical scenario where it gets worse, then I'll just accept it and shave it. Thanks for your comment.

You're welcome. But I just want to remind you that hair always looks better than no hair (bald). But obviously for some, the bald look doesn't bother them, which is good I think. If we all had the ability to accept this curse we'd be happy too. I don't think the cost of using meds is that bad. It's like a dollar a day if not less. That's less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks. And the side effects, you might not even experience any. But anyway, it's your call but remember once it's (the hair) gone, it will be very hard if not impossible to get it back. With meds, you might at least be able to keep what you have.

One more thing, you have a round head, which makes the shaved look not too bad if you decide to shave it all off.

hi there, hair loss is progressive dude - it will only get worse not better on it's own that's why we take the mess and treatments to help combat DHT and help fight against it destroying our hair.

If you start mess commit to them don't chop change as otherwise pointless.

Best of luck and imy opinion you look good shaved - your distinguished and it could be a signature look for you

Best
    S
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

You're right about the 'unhealthy tan' - a natural (radiation induced) tan will age you far quicker anyway.

And you've a point about 'the meds' - I am thinning like anything yet I refuse to take Finasteride -

But i'll just tell you, there is one saving grace that can [at minimum] give you a few years to a decade [if you respond and if you're lucky] of healthy hair growth and that is Minoxidil. You honestly look like a great candidate for minox, I would only recommend this treatment, NO OTHER TREATMENT [apart from Fin] NO MATTER HOW WELL IT SOUNDS WORKS AT ALL; 99% of the industry is utterly fraudulent - yet for some odd reason, NOTHING is ever done about it to any noticeable degree.

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys, I really appreciate reading different point of views.

Oh yeah,

By the way, remember DHT gives back what it takes - as much as it hurts your scalp hair, it helps your body hair grow much better. So you might just turn into Chewbacca like I did...

you should take finasteride to keep what you have. it's dirt cheap at target and wal-mart. shaved head w/ hair is not the same as shaving a slick bald head. lol

Personally, if you have been rocking the bald look for so long now..I would just go back to it. Having hair, and then losing it day by day is emotionally devastating.