+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Help getting on fin

Ok so I'm 17 and I'm convinced that I have the baldness trait. I went to my dermatologist last year and he recommended rogaine and said that I was too young to start any pills. now I want to be able to save all of my hairs, and I don't wanna drive all the way out to chicago to see an IHRAS. how can I convince my dermatologist to prescribe me generic finasteride before I start losing all my hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    Ok so I'm 17 and I'm convinced that I have the baldness trait. I went to my dermatologist last year and he recommended rogaine and said that I was too young to start any pills. now I want to be able to save all of my hairs, and I don't wanna drive all the way out to chicago to see an IHRAS. how can I convince my dermatologist to prescribe me generic finasteride before I start losing all my hairs?
    If its obvious your balding, I dont see anything wrong for someone your age to start pills. Although i am 26 now, when I was 17 or even 18, I wasnt losing my hair..and I wish I had gotten on those pills back then. I have the balding gene in the family, my father is bald at the age of 52 NW3, and my mothers side is cursed with MPB. My cousins all started going bald at the age of 16, i was the only one who maintained a full head of hair till a fungal infection caused me to lose hair overnight at the age of 26. It never grew back, and the hair loss got worse by day. I guess it woke up the gene in me that had been sleeping. Anyways, go see another dermatologist and explain to him you dont want to take a chance at losing your hair. Or just wait till your 18.

Buuuuuuuuiuuuuuuump

Quote Originally Posted by scar85 View Post
    If its obvious your balding, I dont see anything wrong for someone your age to start pills. Anyways, go see another dermatologist and explain to him you dont want to take a chance at losing your hair. Or just wait till your 18.
    I'm really trying but my mom thinks I'm a hypochondric.

Holy crap!!! I didn't know ur only 17 too...I'm having a hard time also getting on fin...but mine is for financial reasons....piece o'sh*t gambling addict father ....who also is the one who gave me this horrible genetic trait....lol I'm angry ha

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post
    Holy crap!!! I didn't know ur only 17 too...I'm having a hard time also getting on fin...but mine is for financial reasons....piece o'sh*t gambling addict father ....who also is the one who gave me this horrible genetic trait....lol I'm angry ha
    Bro if yours, is cuz of financial reasons jus tell the doctor to prescribe you generic fin same shit cheap as dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by stillinHS1994 View Post

I think your father SHOULD pay for the meds. If there is any fairness in the world fathers -or mothers- who pass down this god damn curse (baldness) to their boys SHOULD foot the bill when it comes to paying for whatever treatment. It's not enough that we have to suffer a great deal mentally and emotionally and have our lives ruined, but we also have to pay for HTs and medications when it wasn't even our ****ing fault that we have the curse gene. Life never makes sense to me.

Anyway, why do you guys buy propecia ? Just buy Proscar or whatever generic stuff there is.

I was going to be cutting the 1mg pill into 4ths and work my way up to see if sides develop...just to be safe...and also cuz a doc on here said he did that with all his patients and they didn't develop sides...or so he says...just don't want my d%ck to die cuz of some little pill I took to save my hair....lol lose lose situation....no hair and decreased chances with the ladies or hair and no libido....dilemma

No libido is a blessing, if you think about it.

Lol I would choose the latter if that's what it came to but its not like that many guys still function perfectly on it.