+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Economy

Default Economy

Do you guys think the worlds currently shaky economy slows down or prevents any cure or treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    Do you guys think the worlds currently shaky economy slows down or prevents any cure or treatment.
    Of course - but anything that works will be recession proof.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Of course - but anything that works will be recession proof.
    haha - can't argue with that bro :P

Labs have enough money to do whatever they want to find the real cure to boldness, it has been found already they just dont want to reveil it, and keep making money and small impact high side effects medications.

Gotta love the conspiracy nuts. If it had been found it'd be on the market. Propecia and Rogaine are not used by the vast majority of balding men due to the low success rate and potential side effects, and there are generic substitutes for both out which means the companies behind these products make very little money compared to what they would if they released something better. Besides the patent is almost expired on Propecia which means their sales will essentially become non-existant within the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by stravucce View Post
    Labs have enough money to do whatever they want to find the real cure to boldness, it has been found already they just dont want to reveil it, and keep making money and small impact high side effects medications.
    Rubbish - if you know how to regrow something as complex as a self-renewing hair follicle that cycles like clockwork then please do let us know.

By learning the biology of a follicle you'd realise it'd take close to witchcraft to cure baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Gotta love the conspiracy nuts. If it had been found it'd be on the market. Propecia and Rogaine are not used by the vast majority of balding men due to the low success rate and potential side effects, and there are generic substitutes for both out which means the companies behind these products make very little money compared to what they would if they released something better. Besides the patent is almost expired on Propecia which means their sales will essentially become non-existant within the next two years.
    Thats right the patent ends in 2014 I believe!

Rubbish - if you know how to regrow something as complex as a self-renewing hair follicle that cycles like clockwork then please do let us know.

By learning the biology of a follicle you'd realise it'd take close to witchcraft to cure baldness.
    Ahhh man... I love you so much

Thats right the patent ends in 2014 I believe!
    I think it's actually as early as 2013.

I have to admit I'm very curious about why there are not more attempts at cracking this problem though. As stated above they are barely earning anything from us these days and we're the biggest untapped market in medicine. Perhaps they've just realized there really is only so much pills and topicals can do.