+ Reply to Thread

Default constant hat wearer

Hey all,
    my story's remarkably similar to all of yours so I won't bore you with the familiar and the depressing. Over the years though I picked up the bad habit of always wearing a baseball cap when I left the house. I thought no-one really noticed until more and more people I encountered on the street would pass with a wry smile. It feels like all of a sudden everyone in your crappy little town knows your deepest, most intimate shame and they're insensitive enough to laugh at you because of it. My big problem is that im enrolled in college for september and am truly terrified about what will happen.
    I know I don't have the courage to go out without my hat yet so this leaves me thinking im going to be THAT guy around campus, the hat guy. Until, that is, when the inevitable happens at some point throughout the 3yr course and I become that bald guy who always wears a cap. Im 25 now but have been lost a substantial amount of hair since I was 19 and am genuinely concerned this BS will affect my study...anyway, sharing is caring, peace and love!

Quote Originally Posted by weeman1980 View Post
    Hey all,
    my story's remarkably similar to all of yours so I won't bore you with the familiar and the depressing. Over the years though I picked up the bad habit of always wearing a baseball cap when I left the house. I thought no-one really noticed until more and more people I encountered on the street would pass with a wry smile. It feels like all of a sudden everyone in your crappy little town knows your deepest, most intimate shame and they're insensitive enough to laugh at you because of it. My big problem is that im enrolled in college for september and am truly terrified about what will happen.
    I know I don't have the courage to go out without my hat yet so this leaves me thinking im going to be THAT guy around campus, the hat guy. Until, that is, when the inevitable happens at some point throughout the 3yr course and I become that bald guy who always wears a cap. Im 25 now but have been lost a substantial amount of hair since I was 19 and am genuinely concerned this BS will affect my study...anyway, sharing is caring, peace and love!
    get on propecia and rogaine and start praying.

Free urself of the hat.. Trust me, the transition will be lot easier than u think.. People don't realy care that much.. It's just u..
    Don't look in the mirror that often to make it easy for urself

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

If you are stating school in the fall it might be a good time to try going without the hat. It will be a whole new group of people who do not know you YET. Maybe be the guy that may have some early hair loss but is super cool and has a ton of confidence with a great attitude. Most real/good people will overlook the physical first appearence and try to see what is inside. Good luck.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile