+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks guys! Nearing the end of my first 30 days, so far so good. I have had no side effects related to libido, erection or testicular pain that I've heard about. The only thing I have noticed is my semen is a little watery. But other than that I haven't - physically or mentally - felt any different. I just get up, take the little pill and go about my day.

I'm currently looking into two different shampoos and maybe someone can shed some light on this. I have recommended to either Kerastase or Nioxin. One hair dresser told me she really believes in Kerastase and that her clients have had success with it. I'm not looking to do a full treatment in either of these just pick up some good quality shampoo. Also, does anyone know how often you should wash your hair on Propecia? I have curly hair so am more prone to a dry scalp so normally wash it about every 3-4 days and it's totally fine. Should I be washing more so now that I'm taking Propecia or does it not matter?

i just joined the forum. I started taking propecia about a month back. I did keep a track of the hair length when i just started taking propecia. Initially I saw shedding of hair shorter than this length. However recently I have been seeing hair longer than this length shed. This baffles me because I have read posts where people mention that the hair which is shed initially on propecia has been dormant for 3-4 months. To me its seems more like the follicles are rejecting the hair over night. I started my medication with 0.25mg and in between increased the dose to 0.5mg. I suddenly saw an increase in shedding and went back to 0.25mg. I did see new thin vellus hair pop up on 0.25mg medication within a week. Has any1 seen thickening of these hairs during their time on propecia.. furthermore are the observations that I been making after taking propecia an indication that I am a non respondent ..

tk

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    i just joined the forum. I started taking propecia about a month back. I did keep a track of the hair length when i just started taking propecia. Initially I saw shedding of hair shorter than this length. However recently I have been seeing hair longer than this length shed. This baffles me because I have read posts where people mention that the hair which is shed initially on propecia has been dormant for 3-4 months. To me its seems more like the follicles are rejecting the hair over night. I started my medication with 0.25mg and in between increased the dose to 0.5mg. I suddenly saw an increase in shedding and went back to 0.25mg. I did see new thin vellus hair pop up on 0.25mg medication within a week. Has any1 seen thickening of these hairs during their time on propecia.. furthermore are the observations that I been making after taking propecia an indication that I am a non respondent ..

tk
    No harm intended, but give me a break, 1 month on propecia? It takes atleast 6 months to see if propecia is working for you. I have been on it for 7 months now, months 1-5 I was having severe shedding due to propecia alone..around midway 5th, i noticed my hair loss stopped. I do have occasional sheds here and there, but nothing like falling out in clumps.

Most people shed on propecia, its normal so stop worrying and give it time. If over the 1 year mark you are still shedding, than perhaps propecia isnt for you.

Im currently taking 1.25 mg (5mg proscar cut in 4 even quarters), I dont see how .025mg will help stop your hair loss.

regarding the dose, since I see an increased shedding on 0.5 mg do you think it is a sign that the drug is having an effect on my body.. i have read a couple of forums where people try out 0.25 mg and had satisfactory results.. i am well aware of the fact that the result of propecia will be seen over a period of 6-12 months.. btw have you observed new vellus hair popping out after taking propecia and did they thicken out eventually ?