+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Starting Generic Propecia

Hi guys, I'm 40, and on day two of propecia. I would like to post a pic of the crown area/vortex of where I am thinning and get some feedback.

Question: is there a way to post an image without it being a URL? i.e. can I just embed it somehow with the text here?

Thanks.

use the insert image option in the format.

Here's a frontal shot. I don't expect the Propecia to regrow anything here but perhaps it will stop the receding?

Here's where I really need help. This is my crown and as you can see it's thinning. Most of this has happened in the last year.

And a couple more shots...

I do wear my hair a little longer. I'm partial to dry scalp so don't wash my hair everyday. I have heard that with Propecia you should shampoo more often, anyone else heard of this?

So, all in all...I'm hoping for some results from Propecia in my crown area. That is if I'm a responder to it. I will keep photos coming to show my progress if any.

Anyone care to weigh in on these photos...Am I too far gone?

Your not too gone. You caught it the early stage. Im your age and have been on procecia a year. My hair has got better. I started seeing results slowly at 6 months and the last 6 have really been even better. Go to the home page and go to resources and pick hair transplant surgeons. Go to Dr. Bernsteins webpage. Under medications, check out his patient results. It really shows you what propecia can do. Best of luck bro! Hang in there you caught it early.

Hey SPM thanks for the reply! I'm glad to hear anything encouraging. Now it's the wait and see I suppose. What kind of success did you have at 6 and 12 months? Did you go through this shedding stage I hear others talk about?

The shedding I had. I was having before meds. I was finding a lot of miniaturized hair. My timeline was very accurate as propecia had on there webpage. Slow down possible at 3 month, possible regrowth at 6 month, and my hair started to get thicker after 6 months. I would say my hair is still looking thicker each month. Just be patient. Your area of thinning works best with propecia. The clinical studies have shown most men still had the same number of hairs or better at the 5 year point. With the number of new treatments like Histogen, Replicel, Follica, and Aderans in clinical trials, I would think you should be ok. We're all hoping and waiting for the next big thing. Listen to the radio show every week. It really has been awesome this past year with all this new stuff going on.

Thanks, I'll check out some of the others you mentioned. Yes, the next big thing would be nice. I know what you mean about miniaturized hairs -that is exactly what has been happening to me before I started Propecia. I've been losing more and more hair these past 6 months so I'm really hoping Propecia will stop it and possibly thicken the top of my head. Good to know about your stages being fairly accurate to what they have on their web site.

Been a week now on Propecia, so far no sides at all *knock on wood*.

Good luck bro!

You appear an ideal candidate for Propecia and imy experience I think you will respond very well. Do not overkill with too many treatments. Look into the "big 3" reg as it's proven to be the most successful.

Be patient and remember the main objective taking treatments is to STOP further loss. However I'm pretty confident you are going to respond well and could experience some good regrowth

Please keep us informed and again be patient - results will not be seen for 8-12 months. Stick on the Propecia daily

best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Good luck brudda. I just got started yesterday as well. I'll try and keep track of your thread and post when I take pics after my first 3 months.