+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Epstein and Hair Transplant

I recently (May 24th) had a transplant with Dr. Epstein. No growth yet, but I know it is coming. Just wanted to say a word about the experience and Dr. Epstein...

1. Awesome experience! From the free consultation to the entire procedure, everything was first class and professional. Plenty of staff.
    2. Loved everyone from administrative personnel to Dr. Epstein.
    3. The number of follicles I had transplanted was 2850. He gave me 25 free. His consultation told me around 2700, but I told him I wanted to place some additional in the crown. So, he increased it to 2850. I had given him permission to go over 3000. I would have never known if it was 3000-3500. What I am saying is he is honest. If he would have been dishonest, he could have told be 3500. This shows he is totally trustworthy.
    5. The hairline he created looked great. Can’t wait to see it grow in!
    4. Concerning shock potential of other hair, yes I was worried, but if I did (which I am sure I probably did) it is so minimal I can't tell.
    5. His office and environment are beautiful, professional, and immaculate.
    6. Scar is looking awesome, healed great.
    7. Dr. Epstein is a plastic surgeon also; this takes it to an additional level of feeling secure.
    8. Patients I met in the office for follow-up agree with me.
    9. I recommend him without any hesitation. No question. I would do it again!

Default Growth

By the way, I do have growth now. My wife noticed it before me. Not major, but it is clearly beginining to come in. August 24th will be three months. I am getting excited.

hey Dwain how long was your produre? and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? im thinking of doing a procedure with Dr. Epstein as well.

My procedure was 8-9 hours. Yes, long, but the medication makes everything ok. I paid $4 per graft. My totally proceudrue 2825 grafts was about 11,200. There were other places where I think I could have saved $1000-$2000, but, this is a major procedure. It is surgery. I definitely wasn't going to risk. I can assure you, he will be honest and do a great job. I did have consultations with two other docs before Dr. Epstein, and it was an easy choice for me. It is an intensive procedure, so you want to make sure you have the best. I am sure there are other Dr.s just as good, but I don't think you will find anyone any better. And he will not oversell or pressure you at all. Totally trustworthy. Good luck.

Thanks Dwain for taking time to answer these questions for me. I did go see Dr. Epstein a couple months ago and he told me it was to soon to do anything right now so he didnt discuss pricing which is good cause he was honest with me. Now i think as a couple months have gone by id like to get my hairline fixed its getting to hard to style and looks thin. How was the pain the day after the surgery? and did he discuss a master plan incase u loose more hair?

Pain is minimal. But, there can be swelling around eyes, nose, etc...as the medicine they use for pain drains downward. I would try to take off 8-12 days from work it your wanting to keep it a secret.

thanks......are you planning to do more work?............i know it cost more but im thinking of going with the FUE technique.

No, I am fortunate, I think I am set. FUE depends on how many grafts you will need. If you need lots, I don't think it is best. But, Dr. Epstein can help you determine that.

well right now what concerns me is my hairline so i think FUE would be good for that cause i like to keep my hair short in the back. I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions Dwain. ARe you going to post pictures?

He did take pre pics, but I don't think so. If I do, I want eyes covered for anonymity. He would have to call me back in for pics.

I primarily did my hairline. Some thinning all over, but not radically. Receding on the front sides, not front center. But, I had him put pair throughout, but primarily hairline. I trust Dr. Epstein totally, and whatever he recommends is what I would do. Good luck!
    I think you will be pleased with your choice.