+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am a minoxidil user, too. I experienced bad shedding for a month, and it took a couple months for it to grow back and return to 'normal'. Fourth month, I started seeing considerable improvement in the thickness of my hair - and I recovered a bit of my receding hairline - and five months in, I don't really lose hair any more.

Before I started, I was losing hair rapidly (hair in my hands, hair loss in the shower, hair on my pillow, clearly losing hair at a faster than normal rate). But five months in, my hair is as thick as it was when I was twelve, and I can literally count how many hairs I've seen myself lose since my shedding stopped - three hairs. One I saw while having a shower. And a couple hairs on my pillow. That's it (obviously, I have lost more, but these are the hairs I have noticed - compared to every time I put my hand through my hair being able to count 1-5 hairs on my hand before starting my regiment of using Min - I can at least brush my fingers through my hair without fearing hair loss now). For anybody who's experienced rapid hair loss, you should know exactly what I mean when I say those results seem like an absolute godsend.

It's definitely very good at thickening up your hair if you're thinning. And as a preventative, it's pretty damn good if you respond well to it, too. But as for a receding hairline, it's a very, very slow moving process, although there is some improvement. That's my experience, anyway. I honestly wish I started it sooner, because I likely could've halted my hair from receding as extensively as it has. Whenever I see people tell others not to use it as a preventative if a person only has a slightly receding hairline, I genuinely don't understand that advice, because that's honestly what it does best IMO.

I am 25 FYI. Started losing my hair at 18 and only recently decided to do something about it as it's become noticeable.

I'm not sure if this is from the minoxidil, but feel like it's dehydrating me (frequent urination, dry mouth)? Anyone else on this. Also, what shampoo should I be using on the off-days when I'm not using a keto shampoo.

Nope, haven't personally had those side effects Interestinglife.

I know it's a dilator, but no idea if dilators can cause dehydration. But if you're feeling like you have dry mouth, just drink more water. No harm in drinking more water, I guess.

I've stumbled across this post and glad to hear good results from the OP, I hope the same thing happens to me. I'm 26, and I'm 5 days in my first minoxidil 5% treatment. I'm quite concerned about the shedding phase, how long does it really last? How far into taking it twice a day will it start? How noticeable is the shedding to others?

I have thin hair anyway and it's mainly affected on the top of my head and towards the front, I'm going to avoid getting my haircut on top anyway so the longer my hair is if it was to shed it won't be as noticeable to others? That's what I'm worried about to be honest

Overall, how have you guys found using minoxidil? I'm using this alone and not with fin or anything else. I just hope I have good results!!

Hey dave,you still use minoxidil?