+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help now

Default Need help now

Dear All,

I am just another woman losing her hair.

I first started shedding hair at the age of 19 and at 35 I have lost pretty much my entire hairline to say the least. Oh, I have also lost half of my eyebrows too.

No females in my family have ever suffered anything like this and despite several years and several treatments (in London) the situation is only deteriorating. I don't want to have a big head of Cheryl Cole-like hair; I only want my own hair, the shedding to stop and the gaps not to show.

I have never taken any medication because I don't believe in taking pills that treat hairloss as a 'side effect'. I do use Minoxidil but I can't really say that it has done anything for me in the nine months that I've been using it.

I am now getting desperate and need to take more drastic action, so I am seriously considering having a hair transplant.

Can anyone tell me if they have also had such a long history of hairloss, still shedding and losing their hairline exactly like it happens to men?

By the way, this is not temporary or stress related; the only stress I get is when GPs tell me to go away because it's probably down to stress.

It has taken me 16 years to reach out like that, so I do sincerely appreciate any advice and recommendations that you may have. I would particularly love to hear your hair transplant experiences if you live in London or in the UK.

Thank you!

E

P.S. Blood tests showed no abnormality of any kind but I am sure you would have guessed that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	110810_215145.jpg

Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	10987  

Hi,

Sorry for the late response and I am sorry you are going through this. I had the same situation with doctors. They didn't seem to care as much as I did. It is very hurtful when you suddenly start to lose your hair and no one seems to think it's a big deal. looking at your pic it doesn't look that bad. You maybe able to turn this around.

I have not had a transplant, but after shedding for 6-7 years, I got it to stop. I noticed that my shedding was more excessive when I ate certain foods. My hair loss was mainly due to hormones. the tests usually come back ok...but the problem is that these tests and those reading the results do not take your personal levels into consideration rather generalize based on a large group. So for you are hormonal levels or vitamin/iron or whatever maybe off or low, but based on the general public it may read as normal.

Start by looking at what you are or are not eating.

White bread--a no no
    milk--doesn't help with hair loss
    nightshade veggies--caused me more hair shed
    sugar--leads to more shedding (find alternatives or limit it)

hth,
    Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your answer.

You have actually told me something new and informative.

As a matter of fact, I do eat white bread from time to time and I drink milk (skimmed but I guess it makes no difference) on a daily basis.

What do you mean by midnight shade veg? Would rocket and broccoli fall under the same category (I eat a lot of that)? How about yoghurt and goat's cheese?

Are there any herbs or herbal teas that can help?

It is very interesting what you said about the hormone levels. Do you have aby other tips for me, including any other blood tests that I should be doing?

Sorry to ask you all these questions but you are the only one who replied to me and as you can tell I am desperate to talk to someone who has been through it and has some useful advice.

Thanks again :-)

Emily

P.S. I was diagnosed very slightly borderline positive for Lupus but I was told not to worry because that is very common amongst women my age...what do you think?