+ Reply to Thread

Default initial shedding, how much is normal?

hello,i am new to this site as I have only recently begun treatment for my mpb. I am 19 years old and have always worried about losing hair as it is very common in my family. I am currently taking .5 mg of fin daily and have been doing so for close to two months now as I noticed quickly signs of mpb in my first year of college. I began to notice an increase in shedding as soon as a week after starting finasteride. now the shedding has become noticeable (to me atleast) on top and I almost have developed a small bald spot ontop. im just wondering if anyone else has experienced initial shed (which I know is not uncommom) and if so is there any reason I would be shedding too much and maybe even permenantly. any respones would be greatly appreciated.

all drugs are toxic to the human body

the shedding scared me to death, and the gyno cause me to never take it again

the shit is poison, no matter is it shows on the outside or not

good luck

Shedding on finasteride is fairly common. Some guys shed at the beginning of treatment and others shed months after beginning treatment. The shed hair will most likely return if you continue treatment. Contrary to Mr. 4000’s comment, most men tolerate the drug very well and there are people on this forum who have been on the drug 10 plus years with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Shedding on finasteride is fairly common. Some guys shed at the beginning of treatment and others shed months after beginning treatment. The shed hair will most likely return if you continue treatment. Contrary to Mr. 4000’s comment, most men tolerate the drug very well and there are people on this forum who have been on the drug 10 plus years with great success.
    the shedding is common

but what you see hear is a the other side of the debate. I can't speak for anyone but myself. So look at all the information and comments. Don't rely on the studies they are fixed by pharma companies. Use independent information if you can find it.

I don't care what anyone says about any drug, it is putting a chemical in your body and it will on some level harm you.

Winston is a good poster and has great advice

thanks winston, this does make me feel better, and yes I understand what mr. 4000 says as there are no drugs without risk. I just hope that chances are very good that the shedding will end before I go bald ontop and that any hair lost does growback(and stays), I cant imagine that a drug for hairloss would actually make me go bald.