X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bertrumhenderson
    • Jul 2011

using propecia without having hairloss?

this topic isn't about me.

anyway, i've noticed on this forum in various threads that some people with fine heads of hair - often being told they have no hair loss - start using treatment, such as propecia.

would that cause any detrimental effects towards their hair? i mean, starting using a medication to stop/slow down hair loss when there isn't any hair loss would surely do something to their hair, right?

or have i got the idea of propecia wrong?

... this can apply to rogaine/regaine as well.
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

Propecia (Fin) does not affect the hair itself. It affects DHT, and it's this shit (DHT) that affects hair and causes it to miniaturize and fall out. So, I don't Fin affecting the hair of someone who's not experiencing any hair loss.But what's the point of that person taking Fin in the first place?

Comment

• jonnykino
      • Nov 2010

Hey there. Sorry for jumping in your thread, but do people with hair transplants need to take Propecia?

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jonnykino
        Hey there. Sorry for jumping in your thread, but do people with hair transplants need to take Propecia?
        It is strongly advised that hair transplant patients take Propecia. A HT doesn't stop the balding process.
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• jonnykino
          • Nov 2010

I thought HT's were permanent though? So if someone did have a HT and didn't take Propecia, the newly transplanted hair could fall out?

Comment

• B not Yet
            • Jul 2011

I thought HT's were permanent though? So if someone did have a HT and didn't take Propecia, the newly transplanted hair could fall out?
            Yes, Transplanted hair is permanent, but if you still in the process on MBP you should use propecia so you dont loose the hair that didn't fall out yet. Thats why its recommended to go to HT when your MBP stopped.
            I hope this is right

Comment

• DAVE52
              • Sep 2010

Maybe one of the more experienced members can explain it better but

The "new transplanted hair " shouldn't fall out as it is taken from the area of the head ( the horeshoe area ) where the hair is not affected by DHT - don't ask me why it's not affected but it just isn't

Comment

Working...