+ Reply to Thread

Default 2,500 with Dr. Lindsey in McLean, VA

Hello,

Just wanted to post a note about a great experience I've had so far in the hair transplant world. I'm a 36 year old male who has had a receding hairline since birth it seems like and slowly over the last 10+ years the hair I did have up front slowly dropped out. I had been thinking about getting some work done over the last couple years and found myself constantly sizing up other guys hairlines in my age range and comparing them to my own...it was time to take the plunge.

I go a lot on user recommendations when I'm booking a hotel room or planning a vacation, so why wouldn't the same school of thought be true when finding a doctor to do my surgery. Everything I had read about Dr. Lindsey was true from the moment we sat down for the consultation. From the start his laid-back attitude, honesty and dry sense of humor was comforting and exactly what I was looking for...probably because he reminded me of myself.

Dr. Lindsey had an opening that came up and just 2 weeks after my consultation I was sitting in his office at 7:30am getting local anesthetic shots, which by the way is the most painful part of the procedure, if you call 5-7 "pin pricks" painful. After the numbing process and strip extraction I laid back and had the graphs put in by two great techs of his. Putting in all 2,500 graphs took about 4 hours or so and in between dozing off I had some great chats with the tech and Dr. Linsdsey, they're a fun and entertaining bunch!

As I write I'm 5 days from the surgery and go back in 2 days to get the stitches out. So far it has been exactly what Dr. Lindsey said, some tightness and swelling but I've stuck to his post-op instructions and things have progressed fine.

I had never met Dr. Lindsey until a few weeks ago and have no other reason to share accolades in this forum but only to help someone else who might be looking for a reputable and fair doctor. As anyone who has had this procedure or is looking into knows, this is a big investment and not something to be taken lightly and hopefully this helps. My final piece of advice would be to not let $$$ be the ultimate deciding factor, you ARE going to find other doctors out there with cheaper rates and lower estimates on how many graphs you think you need. As Dr. Lindsey told me on the way out..."Hair is like money and sex, you need a lot of it!". Enough said.

I'll put up some pics when I get them from him. Let me know if you have any questions.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Thanks for the kind post. I appreciate it. I'll look forward to your scar check in a few weeks.

Dr. L
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile