+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Anything is possible, but it would have to be a really really tight hat to effect blood circulation.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Anything is possible, but it would have to be a really really tight hat to effect blood circulation.
    I agree it would need to be pretty tight however I don't think that is to hard to achieve at least not in my case as I often get headaches wearing hats do to my egg shaped head they fit too tightly. Dr Charles sorry to go off subject but I would love to hear your point of views on the information provided on the thread "Male Pattern Baldness Cured" by me on my original account ResearchNeverFails. Its a long read but certainly worth it and it would be very beneficial to hear a Doctors input on the matter. I have seen significant growth using these methods Its quite amazing every day new hair pop up and I promise to post pictures soon. In an effort to keep this post primarily about the main topic I think due to my egg shaped head hats very much affect blood flow and I try not to wear them unless they are loose fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    how many MLB players are bald? i'm guessing not too many.
    Lol, you're way off. The majority are bald or have a receding hairline. Few MLB players have a full head of hair. Relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by BackwardsBalding View Post
    Seeing how decreased blood flow is present in the heads of balding men I don't think rulling out a tight hat as at least contributing to hair loss in an individual already loseing hair is smart. Better words might be that it wont cause hair loss but if worn too tight for long periods of time it certainly can speed it up to some unkown degree.
    Who ever outright confirms or denies 100% that hats speed up/don't speed up hair loss, is lying. Me starting to lose hair when I started to wear hats regularly, does personally raise suspicion for me in which if I didn't wear baseball caps regularly, my hair loss would have most likely last longer to start. Why did it start at 16, the same age I started playing baseball all year round? Hats definitely don't cause hair loss, it doesn't trigger MPB, that would be nonsense. But I believe if you're already gonna get MPB, wearing caps regularly will speed up the process, but i'm not 100% sure on that. But I don't think it can be shut down 100% either.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Lol, you're way off. The majority are bald or have a receding hairline. Few MLB players have a full head of hair. Relatively speaking.
    that's a pretty bold claim. i see a lot of MLB players with mature hairline like derek jeter but they're far from being 'bald.' i watch a lot of sports and i don't see any noticeable disparity in baldness from MLB/NFL to say MLS or NBA.

I kinda have suspecion that my baseball cap is what's causing the transplanted hairs in the hairline and temples to fall out. Having an oily scalp and a bad dandruff problem and wearing a hat is a bad thing I think. Wearing a baseball cap doesn't cause MPB if it's not in you of course.

Don't be absurd.

A lot of people associate hat wearing with hairloss, particularly because when you take them off, you see a lot of lost hair on the brim. So your peon, terrified mind assumes it's the evil hat's deed.

Not so.

During my army stint, we all developed helmet-jockey baldness phobia. The bitter truth, as with anything related to hairloss, is that it's all genes. Any normal hat-helmet won't damage your hair at all. If it's in you to lose it, it'll make it look shittier and if you have sebhorroic dermatitis as well, you'll look even worse, but it's NOT the hat/helm.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstThis View Post
    Don't be absurd.

A lot of people associate hat wearing with hairloss, particularly because when you take them off, you see a lot of lost hair on the brim. So your peon, terrified mind assumes it's the evil hat's deed.

Not so.

During my army stint, we all developed helmet-jockey baldness phobia. The bitter truth, as with anything related to hairloss, is that it's all genes. Any normal hat-helmet won't damage your hair at all. If it's in you to lose it, it'll make it look shittier and if you have sebhorroic dermatitis as well, you'll look even worse, but it's NOT the hat/helm.
    There has been a study that has confirmed that decreased blood flow is found in the areas of the head where balding is occurring. When this decreased blood flow is present it would be negligent to assume a very tight hat would not contribute to hair loss as the arteries that bring blood flow to your head are very close to the surface of skin. DHT thrives on areas of the head that have low blood flow its that same low blood flow that will allow DHT to build-up in the follicle in the first place. However, I doubt all of baseball players are wearing hats so tight that they restrict blood flow or that your army helmets were even slightly too tight. So yes tight hats can affect flood flow thus speeding up hair loss and no regular fitting hats and army helmets would do absolutely nothing to hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    that's a pretty bold claim. i see a lot of MLB players with mature hairline like derek jeter but they're far from being 'bald.' i watch a lot of sports and i don't see any noticeable disparity in baldness from MLB/NFL to say MLS or NBA.
    There's absolutely no question at all that there are more bald men in the MLB than any other sport. No question. I'm 100% confident about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    There's absolutely no question at all that there are more bald men in the MLB than any other sport. No question. I'm 100% confident about that.
    where are you pulling this statistic from? because i'm genuinely curious. i'd loved to be proven wrong for curiosity sake. lol

i don't want to sound like an ass but sometimes ppl tend to see what they want to see. you know how they say if you think women are horrible drivers then that's all you're going to see and remember. each time you run into horrible women driver it's going to solidify your biased perception even more or something like that.