+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wow !! That is unreal. I didn't know this stuff was this good. I'm sold. Is there a good place to buy this stuff from or is it only sold through the makers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    is it noticeable in sunlight?
    nope, not in my experience. Toppik definitely isnt. Some of the cheaper one might be.

I have jet black hair as you can see, so a basic dark black hair fiber product works and blends well.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Looks great man! You had about 4 thousand grafts total. I figured you would have more hair than that or more density.
    Me too, somewhat... I have pretty thin hair to begin with though.

Over the past 3 months I've experienced a pretty major shed from this product called "Melanotan-2" (were talking like 100-150hairs in the shower... blah) so my hair is more dense usually.

If you found this thread by searching the keyword "Melanotan 2" it definitely CAN cause hair loss. There's a lot of scattered reports on the internet about it. But I can definitively tell you that it causes hair loss. Not necessarily androgenic-alopecia - but it has made my hair shed. Sort of like "shock loss".

* Melanotan 2 is not "melatonin". Melanotan is a compound that was developed at the University of Arizona that makes you get tan. Melotonin is to induce sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CED59 View Post
    you guys want to give me 4000 grafts? I'm interested. I think I'm kinda of limited on donor hair though. I was thinking of just add some moderate density to the crown so toppik (Hair So Real) can grab on to it. what do you think?
    I was only really bringing transplants into it as a joke. I am guessing, though, that your crown is the 'weak spot' in regard to where it's the most noticeable that you're wearing concealer. The more grafts the merrier, but any increase in density is bound to assist in what can be achieved with the Toppik.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Me too, somewhat... I have pretty thin hair to begin with though.

Over the past 3 months I've experienced a pretty major shed from this product called "Melanotan-2" (were talking like 100-150hairs in the shower... blah) so my hair is more dense usually.

If you found this thread by searching the keyword "Melanotan 2" it definitely CAN cause hair loss. There's a lot of scattered reports on the internet about it. But I can definitively tell you that it causes hair loss. Not necessarily androgenic-alopecia - but it has made my hair shed. Sort of like "shock loss".

* Melanotan 2 is not "melatonin". Melanotan is a compound that was developed at the University of Arizona that makes you get tan. Melotonin is to induce sleep.
    I was curious because it seems I'm heading towards your type of pattern. You seem to have somewhat of a NW5a pattern. Your hair doesn't look too thin. For 4000 grafts I was thinking it would look more dense since it all went to the front. Are you taking finasteride? Were your HT FUE or Strip?

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I was only really bringing transplants into it as a joke. I am guessing, though, that your crown is the 'weak spot' in regard to where it's the most noticeable that you're wearing concealer. The more grafts the merrier, but any increase in density is bound to assist in what can be achieved with the Toppik.
    for sure, that's def my thinking too.
    When I hear that guys had a bad experience with Toppik (or another hair fiber) concealer, I am always curious why. I mean, this stuff makes a HUGE difference for me... are people just not putting it on right? I don't know?

for sure, that's def my thinking too.
    When I hear that guys had a bad experience with Toppik (or another hair fiber) concealer, I am always curious why. I mean, this stuff makes a HUGE difference for me... are people just not putting it on right? I don't know?
    Could you answer my question about how your hair looks under the various different lighting conditions you encounter when you're out and about? I'm interested to know if you've examined yourself in other situations to see if it's very noticeable that you're wearing a concealer.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

if you cut your hair short, then even men with dense hair can show their scalp under direct sunlight. from my experience, toppik completely covers the scalp black and it looks kinda weird up close. but i'm scared sh*tless about getting caught wearing a concealer so i may be over examining the results.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Could you answer my question about how your hair looks under the various different lighting conditions you encounter when you're out and about? I'm interested to know if you've examined yourself in other situations to see if it's very noticeable that you're wearing a concealer.
    in my opinion/experience, direct lighting or a camera with a flash 12inches from the crown shows the most noticeable evidence of hair fibers. In the sun, none. Halogen lights, none. umm, at the barbershop, none (although I tell my barber/stylist) its there. NEver once been asked "whats in your hair". I'm nearly 6foot3 though, so less people see the crown (just being honest).

The only way its noticeable is if I overdo it on the hair line. It seems to have a consistent laying, [nearly] unnoticeable effect on the crown.

How long does it take to apply Toppik? Is it difficult and messy?