+ Reply to Thread

Default 24 and miserable

Hi all,

My name is Steve im a 24 year old male living in the uk.

Finally decided to join this forum after months of reading posts to see if anyone has had the same experience as me.

Right, it all started about 7 months ago when I noticed alot of hair shed in the shower I had been for 6 months previously been working out in the gym trying to gain muscle and using creatine/protein/testosterone boosters which all helped and i started to gain good muscle mass. But as I said I started to loose alot of hair in the shower so I stopped suppliments and exercise.
    A month passed and I was still shedding and by now was completly obsessed with hair spotting finding it everywhere in the car sink bed etc. by the way I have really long big curly hair almost afro like but im white. So I went to the doctors at this time I couldnt tell any density problems but was concerned, my gp said just give it time for the suppliments to get out of my system. 2 more months passed and i was still shedding heavily I counted and still do way over 100 hairs in the shower and maybe 10 every morning on the pillow so I went back to the doctors who then sent me for some blood tests which all came back normal. So then (sorry if im boring you) went to a dermotologist she basically looked at my head and said give it 6 months and see what happens! By this time my hair is alot thinner all over and looks noticeable in light and when wet. So I took it on myself to start taking propecia this was 3 months ago and the shedding has just recently got alot worse and my hair is thinning fast. I also take zinc, selenium, saw plimento and general vitamin tablets along with nizerol shampoo. I have a good diet and am not over weight.

Sorry if youve all heard this before, just needed to get this off my chest and see what you guys think I should do. Its really started to effect my mental health now and I feel like im not me anymore. Also my hair is a big part of my character and I have more like a 10 head not a for head so shavong it scarres me.

Cheers for reading

Hey, Crabbo. I hear you. I know what you're going through. It seems to me that you are in the early stages of male pattern baldness loss. I doubt that the supplements you were taking for muscle growth and the gym had anything to do with it. But the good news is that there are so many effective treatments these days, and the sooner you start, the better. You should hook up with a reputable hair loss physician or clinic and see what they recommend. At this stage, for someone your age, a regimen of topical minoxidil, Propecia, and/or laser therapy is probably the best option for you. But don't delay. Again, the earlier you start with treatment, the better, and there are so many great options are there now. But know that you're not alone in this. Losing your hair is a traumatic experience, so it's great to have the support of a website like this, where there are hundreds of other guys with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMark View Post
    But the good news is that there are so many effective treatments these days.
    LOL like what? Propecia, minox and lasermax? lmfao

...Yeah - we're sorted alright.

Thanks for your reply. Exactly right. I started losing my hair in my early 20's. I'm now 58. I started on topical minoxidil before it was even approved by the FDA. I subsequently underwent 8 hair transplant procedures over 15 years (my most recent was in June with 170 FUE's with Jeff Epstein in Miami), starting at the age of 42, with a total of over 4,000 grafts over that time. I've also been on propecia for 7 years and have using lasers for the same amount of time, most recently with the Laser Cap. So now I have a full head of hair, and I am continuing to use minoxidil and the laser to maintain what I have. Otherwise I would probably be a Norwood 5. So get started early. You are probably too young for hair transplants, but topical minoxidil, propecia, and laser therapy are your best options now. Get yourself established with a reputable hair loss clinic.