Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
    Apart from loss of sensation, it's the Gyno that worries me, now, having a permanent pair of breasts is not imaginary.
    Are you already taking?

Dont know if you read of Dr Coles comments on the Acell thread, according to him Aderans Histogen and most others are all fooling us lol... let the good times roll eh?

Comment

• Jcm800
      • Jan 2011

No not taking. Prob same as yourself - I keep weighing it up.

Keep thinking I'll go to my local Boots chemist and sign up on their 'hair retention programme' they give you a months trial first to see if you get sides.

Apart from that I'm on TRX2 as I'm sure you're aware, frankly abating from wanking would help me more than that crap.

Oh and Monix foam, hardly helping either.

Comment

• MrRyan
        • Aug 2011

One thing that seems to keep coming up in the forums is, that without sides you wont get the hair benefits, the fact that people get sides means the drug is working, like my doctor told me he wouldn't give it me because he knows how important DHT is for a male and he said there is just no way to know any long term effects, i mean who knows in ten or so years there may be a cure for MPB, and wouldn't it be a bitch if you were stuck with sides off this drug when that happens.

The more i think about it and the more research i do i'm just getting put off this drug more and more, i think less and less people will be taking it as time goes on, i mean these sides just can not come out of thin air there has to be some amount of truth as you are essentially cutting your own balls off, well that might not be true, but you get where i'm coming from, plus the main thing for me is i want kids and it would just be too much of a worry for me, looks like the buzz cut for me i think. Come on Histogen move your ass.

Comment

• MrRyan
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
          Are you already taking?

Dont know if you read of Dr Coles comments on the Acell thread, according to him Aderans Histogen and most others are all fooling us lol... let the good times roll eh?
          Really what could they possibly gain from doing that, and why would they invest so heavily just to fool us ? Unless they are very sadistic people with nothing better to do.

Comment

• PropeciaVictim
            Inactive
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            Penile sensation can be improved through testosterone therapy can it not?
            Nope, I have tried testosterone replacement therapy along with many at PH and it did nothing to restore mechanical function or sensation. At this point, nobody has found any treatment, let alone a cure, that will significantly improve the situation.

Originally posted by UKJcm800
            Apart from loss of sensation, it's the Gyno that worries me, now, having a permanent pair of breasts is not imaginary.
            Gynecomastia may be persistent, but it can be surgically removed for about $5,000 dollars if it persists after taking the drugs. This is my better, in my opinion, than the sexual issues which have no treatment whatsoever.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MrRyan
              Really what could they possibly gain from doing that, and why would they invest so heavily just to fool us ? Unless they are very sadistic people with nothing better to do.
              I know - I just really dont understand Dr Cole anymore - surely they [Aderans/Bosley] would have better things to do with their time and money than perform such a cruel scam... and really - this would be BEYOND any other scam in the hair loss industry - this would seriously set a new standard.

I'd compare Dr Coles contention to those that believe the moon landing was a hoax - it sounds plausible when thought of in a 5 second scope, but when you really look into the details.... it's a silly idea.

I mean are the people who are actually accepted into the trial as participants all apart of this elaborate scam to make Bosley seem a superior company? lol... really.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by PropeciaVictim
                Gynecomastia may be persistent, but it can be surgically removed for about $5,000 dollars if it persists after taking the drugs. This is my better, in my opinion, than the sexual issues which have no treatment whatsoever.
                He's right, there is little you can do if it happens...

DHT is several times the potency of test.

Not worth the risk JCM... if worst comes to worst atleast you can still order hookers

Comment

• 8868alex
                  • May 2010

Propecia Victim -

Now hang on a second fella!!.. let's keep this balanced. If you are not a doctor then you have no business "correcting me". I have been courteous to you and if you read my comments you will see that I'm not dogmatic and acknowledge the risks. I have sympathy for what has happended to you but I fear your experience has left you somewhat biased. This guy is asking what could happen with Propecia usage. By all means, give your account as it is valid. However not everyone will have the same reaction as you. I must therefore correct "you" on this, as it is down to the individual. This is what I means about scaremongering. Statistically, how many people die from alcohol or tobacco misuse every year?.. do you apply the same theory to these drugs. Quit banging the drum for two seconds!

Comment

• PropeciaVictim
                    Inactive
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by 8868alex
                    Propecia Victim -
                    This guy is asking what could happen with Propecia usage. By all means, give your account as it is valid. However not everyone will have the same reaction as you.
                    Your statement was incorrect. If an individual takes Propecia and develops side effects, the option to discontinue and see a reversal of side effects is not always available. Not everybody will develop permanent side effects, in fact very few will, but the risk is always there. When he asks what could happen with Propecia usage, permanent side effects is a realistic outcome though not the norm.

The facts are indeed scary. Simply stating the facts to ensure that all potential finasteride users are properly informed should not be considered "scaremongering".

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

Yeah wonderful, if I had that amount of cash to correct it with a private surgical procedure.

Comment

• Jcm800
                        • Jan 2011

Good point UK, lol hookers don't give a **** what you look like ;p

Comment

Working...