+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Propecia...

I'm with you on that, **** it. At present I have a fair amount of hair-and am anti Fin, in the future I'll have less hair and desperation is gonna kick in.

It's a shit state of affairs, Minox is doing next to nothing and I'd rather not expose my body to hormonal changes, but ****, I keep weighing it up.

Hi Guys

The issue boils down to a simple factor - Assessing risk. There are notable arguements not to take the drug. It's a personal decision and no one but the individual can make it. However, for those who choose to do so I advise they get off the forums, find a good doctor, do research and then try to relax a little. There is no point frequenting the anti-propecia websites if you want to give yourself the chance to see how you get on with it. The debate will rage on and both sides will play their part. In the meantime, life goes on and you have to deal with your own situation. My personal opinion?... I started Propecia 2 years ago and I feel that it has probably saved me from diving head long into a pit of depression and do not regret my decision to do so for one moment!

The most significant problem that I feel is associated with hair loss is the lack of control one has. The forums are full of this sentiment. If you do experience persistant side effects, then you have the option to discontinue. Don't be bullied by the guys who tell you that if you take it for 3 months and experience sides, then you will have these forever. I think this is an irresponsible arguement to make to new users. If you take the drug and get sides, speak to your doctor and take the situation as it comes. At least you are them making informed decisions. Odds on though you will be fine and you can get on with your life. No one can guarantee how you will respond as an individual and no one on this forum can tell you what you should do. Search out balanced, factual advice and then decide for yourself.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    If you do experience persistant side effects, then you have the option to discontinue. Don't be bullied by the guys who tell you that if you take it for 3 months and experience sides, then you will have these forever. I think this is an irresponsible arguement to make to new users. If you take the drug and get sides, speak to your doctor and take the situation as it comes.
    This is the type of statement that is imperative to correct. It is definitely possible to take the drug for a few months, develop side effects, and have them not reverse once you discontinue. That is by definition of the word "persistent".

If you go into the drug thinking the side effects will definitely discontinue upon stopping the drug, then you are making an uninformed decision. In my case I took the drug for between 6 months and a year, developed erectile dysfunction and loss of sensation, and more than 1 year after quitting the drug I am still having the same problems with no reversion.

If you decide to take the drug, go into it with the willingness that you face a small chance of permanently altering your sexual function. Some men care so much about hair loss that it is worth it for them. For others, like myself, who did not care too much about hair loss and were lied to Merck and misled by uninformed doctors, it was simply not worth it.

Please do not reiterate these uninformed statements for you can coax men into making decisions that will truly ruin their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PropeciaVictim View Post
    This is the type of statement that is imperative to correct. It is definitely possible to take the drug for a few months, develop side effects, and have them not reverse once you discontinue. That is by definition of the word "persistent".

If you go into the drug thinking the side effects will definitely discontinue upon stopping the drug, then you are making an uninformed decision. In my case I took the drug for between 6 months and a year, developed erectile dysfunction and loss of sensation, and more than 1 year after quitting the drug I am still having the same problems with no reversion.

If you decide to take the drug, go into it with the willingness that you face a small chance of permanently altering your sexual function. Some men care so much about hair loss that it is worth it for them. For others, like myself, who did not care too much about hair loss and were lied to Merck and misled by uninformed doctors, it was simply not worth it.

Please do not reiterate these uninformed statements for you can coax men into making decisions that will truly ruin their lives.
    Penile sensation can be improved through testosterone therapy can it not?

Apart from loss of sensation, it's the Gyno that worries me, now, having a permanent pair of breasts is not imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Apart from loss of sensation, it's the Gyno that worries me, now, having a permanent pair of breasts is not imaginary.
    Are you already taking?

Dont know if you read of Dr Coles comments on the Acell thread, according to him Aderans Histogen and most others are all fooling us lol... let the good times roll eh?

No not taking. Prob same as yourself - I keep weighing it up.

Keep thinking I'll go to my local Boots chemist and sign up on their 'hair retention programme' they give you a months trial first to see if you get sides.

Apart from that I'm on TRX2 as I'm sure you're aware, frankly abating from wanking would help me more than that crap.

Oh and Monix foam, hardly helping either.

One thing that seems to keep coming up in the forums is, that without sides you wont get the hair benefits, the fact that people get sides means the drug is working, like my doctor told me he wouldn't give it me because he knows how important DHT is for a male and he said there is just no way to know any long term effects, i mean who knows in ten or so years there may be a cure for MPB, and wouldn't it be a bitch if you were stuck with sides off this drug when that happens.

The more i think about it and the more research i do i'm just getting put off this drug more and more, i think less and less people will be taking it as time goes on, i mean these sides just can not come out of thin air there has to be some amount of truth as you are essentially cutting your own balls off, well that might not be true, but you get where i'm coming from, plus the main thing for me is i want kids and it would just be too much of a worry for me, looks like the buzz cut for me i think. Come on Histogen move your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Are you already taking?

Dont know if you read of Dr Coles comments on the Acell thread, according to him Aderans Histogen and most others are all fooling us lol... let the good times roll eh?
    Really what could they possibly gain from doing that, and why would they invest so heavily just to fool us ? Unless they are very sadistic people with nothing better to do.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Penile sensation can be improved through testosterone therapy can it not?
    Nope, I have tried testosterone replacement therapy along with many at PH and it did nothing to restore mechanical function or sensation. At this point, nobody has found any treatment, let alone a cure, that will significantly improve the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by UKJcm800
    Gynecomastia may be persistent, but it can be surgically removed for about $5,000 dollars if it persists after taking the drugs. This is my better, in my opinion, than the sexual issues which have no treatment whatsoever.