+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplant Surgury followed by Broken Humerus Surgery. Telogen Effluvium???

So Im kinda freaking out a bit like everyone else on this board is

March 9th I had a 1100 graft FUE HT for my front temples and a line of grafts along the hairline as well as a hole bunch of Acell injections.. hurt for days

About a month and a half later I broke my arm and ended up getting surgury for a sprial humerus fracture. 8 Screws, metal plate, two days in the hospital, moprhine the whole bit.. ended up loosing 25-30 pounds in a month... That was end of April

In Now August and for the past month ive been noticing my hair shedding way more then normal and from areas all over my scalp. Not so much the sides above the ears but from the hairline to the back of the head. Its thinned out quite ja bit.

Ive been taking Fin and Rogain for a few years now as well..

Could this shedding be TE from the two surguries?? And will it grow back okay if Ive been taking Fin and Rogain this whole time?????

I'm going to bump this old thread. I had a HT on June 20... it's now exactly six months later, and I'm experiencing fairly heavy shedding of non-miniaturized hairs; this has been going on fairly consistently since the surgery. I've been to two dermatologists, and they both think it's telogen effluvium. I'm negative on a pull test, but one derm (the one that seemed more competent with regard to hair loss) said that the pull test isn't a hard-and-fast indicator for TE, and he's had lots of patients that had a telogen shed that came up negative on the test.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a big telogen effluvium brought on by a transplant?