+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Default Help

Hello chaps, greetings from the UK here.....I'm seriously considering another procedure but this time I'm not making the mistake of choosing a Dr from good old England..I'm torn between Dr Rahal and Dr Feller as I know they are both tremendous choices..as are many others....My query is if any of you good folk out there can recommend the best websites or best airlines to travel to New York and Ottawa from England and also the best time of year to travel...As you all know a HT procedure isn't cheap so any way I can possible save some extra dosh is always a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeeman147 View Post
    Hello chaps, greetings from the UK here.....I'm seriously considering another procedure but this time I'm not making the mistake of choosing a Dr from good old England..I'm torn between Dr Rahal and Dr Feller as I know they are both tremendous choices..as are many others....My query is if any of you good folk out there can recommend the best websites or best airlines to travel to New York and Ottawa from England and also the best time of year to travel...As you all know a HT procedure isn't cheap so any way I can possible save some extra dosh is always a good thing

Hi there,

Two great choices in docs.

I had a procedure with Dr Feller last august, came nearly 12 months now, and I can't have been better pleased. Dr Feller is easy going a perfectionist and will make sure that you get the best result for you and your particular situation. His team and clinic are first class and the whole day is as enjoyable as it possibly could be under the circumstances. His graft placement in my opinion is first class in the way that he makes the most use out of your donor supply ensuring you get a result that is going to be nothing but top notch.

I have no experience with Dr Rahal, but he is also very well sought off.

Go off season to New york you can get flights below £400 I am actually going for another one with Dr Feller in December as I was so impressed with his first HT on me and I've caved in to 'hair greed and want to tweak the hairline and sort out my crown I'm going in December flights cost £377 direct, you will need a day either side to be safe.

Travel is easy new york is a quicker trip, there is plenty of direct flights, and if you want to save money you can stay nearer the airport you land in and or get a budget room and take a train to great neck which is on long island for less then $10, although you probably will want to stay in great neck the day before.

hope that helps

UK

Hey Toffeeman (Everton fan?),

I have had two HTs with Dr. Rahal and would recommend him highly. The last one was three months ago and I can see growth already!

The websites I used for flights were Opodo and Netflights. Last time I stayed at the Foxbar guest house which is cheap, clean and well equipped. It also just a 5 mins WALK to Dr. Rahal's clinic which will save you money on taxi fares.

My first HT was in January 2008 and I was lucky with the weather, clear and sunny days for landing and taking off. But there is a lot of snow at that time of year so I would recommend going in the spring or summer.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just ask.

What about Dr Gho?

i have not had a transplant but if you read some of the posts by guys who have had them the most important thing is research.
    A very knowledge poster Spex is a patient advocate and is affiliated with Drs. Lindsey and Feller but he is always very neutral when it comes to endorsing any doctor. He has put together a list of questions to ask a prospective surgeon that you can find on this forum.
    The buzz over what Dr. Gho is doing has a lot of us excited but many of the guys who are recommending him have not had any work done by him.
    At this point the jury is still out. So my advice....
    RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!

Sorry I didn't realize you have already had a procedure. So I guess you're probably familiar with Spex and the importance of research. I hope everything goes well with whom ever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    What about Dr Gho?
    Dr. Gho is not even in the running. His results look horrible! UK why are you so fixated on Gho? His procedure is unproven and his hair transplant results look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Dr. Gho is not even in the running. His results look horrible! UK why are you so fixated on Gho? His procedure is unproven and his hair transplant results look like crap.
    According to Dr Cole... NOBODY is in the running... we're being lied to left right centre by Histogen/Aderans.

Delphi, we are screwed according to cole... nothing works but his transplants propecia and minox.

If i can offer any help please feel free to make contact - here to help.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Default cheers

Thanks for the advice chaps......yes Im a blue nose for my sins El Nino....what about yourself