+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help

It's 10% of the price of the procedure. You should do an online consultation with him and you will get a rough estimate of grafts and a price.

cheers matey...will do...are you likely to be having anymore or are you all done now

You're welcome pal. For the time being I am done cos thanks to Dr. Rahal I now have a full head of hair again. I haven't had this much hair since 10 years ago when I was 22.

But I am not stupid enough to say I am done forever.

Well hopefully that will be enough for you pal..thinking I might go over in February and bite the bullet again...did you fly over alone?

Yeah I went alone mate. It was no big deal for me. I would recommend staying at the Foxbar Guesthouse where you will be sharing a house with 1 or 2 other guys who will also be having HTs with Dr. Rahal.

cheers matey....yeah I did read about that place from the link on Dr Rahals website....looks a nice place....how long did you stay there before coming back....soz for all the questions..just a nosey devil I guess

No worries, ask as many questions as you want.

Dr. Rahal recommends that overseas patients stay 4 or 5 days after their surgery. He likes to see them everyday after to make sure things are ok. The grafts aren't secure until about 3 days post op and you really don't want to bump your head in a taxi or on a overhead locker in that time. Just put your feet up and rest.

I know this adds to the cost a bit, but you've just spent thousands on the surgery. Why take the risk? Some Doctors get the patients out without so much as a goodbye. But Dr. Rahal genuinely wants the best for his and his post op and patient care are first class.

I know what you mean mate, I think I would rather stay a short while after anyway cause its not as if I could have just nipped round the corner if something went wrong if I came straight back to blighty. I was looking at flights around February but they all seemed about 1200 quid...is that normal? when did you fly there pal?

Just had a look on Opodo and I've found flights for around £500. Manchester - Ottawa, Sat 04 Feb 12 - Sat 11 Feb 12 = £517. This is around what I paid both times.

But flying from Manchester means a layover in the US or Montreal. Which is something I didn't want last time so I drove to Heathrow and parked my car there for about £60. Then I got a direct flight to Ottawa, about 6 hours.

cheers pal...not sure what i must have been doing or looking ,,maybe it was the sauce))).....flying from heathrow might be the plan...how much was that fox thing place you stayed at per night..around 50 quid?