+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help

Thought you might be. I am a Red Nose so we better not discuss football. hehe

Good luck if you decide to go for a HT.

thanks koppite....have you only had the one procedure with D Rahal?...did you have a FUT or FUE and how many grafts did you have pal?

I've had two HTs with Dr. Rahal, both were FUT (2803 & 2597 grafts). My results are in the Hair Transplant Veterans section.

Basically I was a NW 3 Vertex with no frontal loss but a 75cm2 bald patch in my crown.

This has now been filled completely thanks to Dr. Rahal and I now have a full head of hair.

Take a look at my results and if you have anymore Qs just ask mate.

Cheers pal....just had a look now...looks good mate....hows your donor scar looking these days? and what number do you cut your hair to?...Ive had 3 procedures in the past so looking back I wish I had just shaved my head but with the scar from the previous ones I dont think thats an option now..My frst 2 procedures were from Dr Rogers years ago when he worked for Wellesbourne and my last was with Dr Farjo a number of years back too....To be honest I was disappointed with them all but the good thing they never shaved any of my hair so could easily hide it....Obviously if I go for Dr Rahal or Dr Feller I believe they get better results from buzzing you....Its just the thought of my head shaved and showing the massive scar at the back...how did you cope with it all mate and did you just go see a nurse to get the stitches out?

Thanks mate.

Below is a pic of my donor area which I took last Monday. I'm 4 months post and just had it buzzed to a number 3 all over. There is an area of shockloss which is slowly returning but is perfectly normal with FUT.

Honestly, for me the procedure is the easy part and is over in a day. The first couple of days post can be rough on some people. But the hardest part is the first three months where you will probably look worse than before surgery. And the wait for the regrowth. But it is well worth it in the end.

Shaving down is necessary with both Docs and makes things easier for them and you will get a better result. Which in my book is a small price to pay.

I had my sutures removed by a Nurse at my local hospital. No problem, no pain and a 5 mins job.

You've had 3 procedures already so you will probably have a limited number of grafts left available. So you need to get it done right with this next one. If your scar is poor and is in the right place then it might be able to be improved in the hands of a World Class Surgeon.

Thanks pal, much appreciated advice once again....yeah having had 3 procedures before the amount available left does concern me but to be honest they were not very large grafts..I think my last was the biggest and that was only about 1000...time will tell if Im a candidate....where abouts in the UK are you by the way mate?.......what airline or website did you use when you flew to see Dr Rahal?..

I am about a 40 mins drive away from Anfield.

The websites I used were Opodo and Netflights, both times I flew with Air Canada.

Yeah me too...Im near Preston and please dont swear on here mentioning that place.....Did you get any help towards your travel costs cause Im sure I read somewhere that Dr Rahal helps towards it.

Yeah mate, Dr. Rahal offers a 10% discount to help pay for travel with out of town patients.

cheers pal..silly question time here though...is that 10% discount on the price of the flight or the procedure?